This easy strawberry lemonade vodka has the best sweet-tart flavor and is made with fresh strawberries and lemons – the perfect refreshing cocktail to make any time of year!
The best strawberry lemonade cocktail
Out of all the homemade drink recipes on my website, I love this refreshing strawberry vodka lemonade. It must be my favorite, right next to these skinny margaritas. It’s made with fresh strawberries and lemons and comes together in under 5 minutes. So much better than the processed stuff!
My favorite part about this refreshing Summer cocktail is that it’s made with all-natural, simple ingredients: fresh lemons, water, fresh strawberries, water, ice, and a dash of sugar. There are no syrups, no simple sugars, or random ingredients!
This vodka lemonade is unlike other recipes: it’s made with less sugar and super customizable. This recipe is made with freshly squeezed lemons and mashed strawberries, giving it all the best Summer flavors and sweetness. However, there are tons of substitution options below.
A homemade pitcher of strawberry lemonade cocktail is perfect for serving guests. It’s easy to make and will impress everyone! Plus, it is ideal for summer, and I give instructions below on how to make this cocktail single-serve.
Why you’ll love this Summer drink recipe
- Fresh Strawberries: Made with fresh strawberries, so it’s lightened up and sweet.
- No Syrups: There are NO simple syrups in this recipe.
- Refreshing: The perfect easy and refreshing strawberry lemonade cocktail for any time of year.
- Delicious: A Summer and fun drink that everyone will love.
- Make it a Mocktail: Make it non-alcoholic if desired.
- Customizable: Feel free to use tequila or gin. instead of vodka.
- Simple Ingredients: Made with 5 ingredients, plus ice.
- Easy Substitutes: Easily use store-bought lemonade as a substitute for making your own with lemons.
- Gluten-Free: This easy vodka cocktail is 100% gluten-free.
- Similar Recipe: Try these skinny margaritas if you want another flavorful cocktail recipe!
Ingredients needed and substitutions
This is the easiest homemade strawberry vodka lemonade you will ever make! You need 5 simple ingredients plus ice. Here is a list of everything you need and a list of substitutions so you are prepared. Read the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post for exact measurements.
- Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries for the best flavor; however, frozen ones will work too. This adds flavor and natural sweetness to this vodka lemonade.
- Lemons: We make homemade lemonade with fresh lemon juice, sugar, and water. You can also use store-bought lemonade if needed.
- Sugar: Start with 1 cup and add more based on your desired sweetness. Remember that the strawberries add flavor and sugar too!
- Water: This helps create the lemonade. You can use still or sparkling water.
- Vodka: Use your favorite vodka. I reccomend plain or a lemon/lemonade flavor. I love Deep Eddy’s lemonade vodka for that extra lemon flavor.
- Ice: Every refreshing cocktail needs to be served on ice.
How to make homemade vodka strawberry lemonade
This homemade strawberry lemonade cocktail takes 5 minutes to make. It’s made with vodka in a pitcher and is perfect for serving guests. Here are step-by-step directions with pictures:
First, at the bottom of a pitcher or in a medium-sized mixing bowl, muddle (smash) the fresh strawberries.
Then, the lemon juice, sugar, and cold water. Stir until combined. You can use 4 – 5 cups of lemonade instead of lemon juice, sugar, and water if needed.
Next, add the vodka, and stir again until combined. Then, add the ice. Taste and adjust sugar, lemon, or water measurements to your liking.
Finally, serve in mason jars garnished with fresh strawberries and lemon slices. Add extra ice if needed.
- Use fresh strawberries. As I mentioned already, you can use frozen strawberries too, but the drink tastes better with fresh strawberries! That’s why this recipe is the perfect Summer drink when strawberries are in season.
- Frozen strawberries will work if needed. Even though frozen strawberries are mashed a little, make sure you still muddle them to break up any remaining ice and release all the sweet juices.
- Use high-quality vodka. Any vodka works, but using your favorite brand ensures the drink is delicious, and the vodka doesn’t overpower the drink. Tito’s is a fantastic option.
- Make it sparkling. Make this fun and bubbly strawberry lemonade cocktail with sparkling water or seltzer instead of still water.
- Use homemade Lemonade. Using fresh lemons to make homemade lemonade makes a sugar flavor difference and is incredibly easy to make at home. All you need is lemon juice, sugar, and water. Using homemade lemonade allows you to control the sweetness levels of this vodka strawberry lemonade.
Vodka lemonade variations
- Use sparkling water. You can swap out the water for sparkling water if you want to spice up this cocktail!
- Use frozen strawberries. You can use frozen strawberries, too, just defrost them and then muddle them.
- Add fresh mint leave. Add in 3 – 5 chopped-up mint leaves for a fun, refreshing summer flavor.
- Use limes instead of lemons. Make this a strawberry vodka limeade by using limes instead of lemons.
- Use tequila or gin instead of vodka. You can easily swap out the vodka for tequila or gin.
- Use blackberries or blueberries. If you don’t have strawberries, you can use blue or blackberries.
- Use mango. Adding some blended mango makes this drink so delicious. Don’t forget to check out these spicy mango margaritas too!
- Use lemonade. To make this recipe even easier, you can use 4 to 5 cups of store-bought lemonade instead of the lemons and sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, let the frozen strawberries defrost, muddle them, and continue with the same recipe.
Can I make it a single-serve cocktail?
You can make this pitcher of vodka strawberry lemonade single-serve by reducing the measurements of each ingredient. Here is the recipe: 2 – 3 strawberries, 2 – 3 Tbsp sugar, 3/4 cup water or sparkling water, 1 shot (1/5 ounces) of vodka, juice from 1 lemon, and a handful of ice. Follow the exact preparation instructions!
Can I make this into a non-alcoholic mocktail?
Of course! Simply substitute water (or sparking water) for the vodka in the recipe. Homemade strawberry lemonade is refreshing and sweet and can be enjoyed by all ages.
Is it sweet?
This vodka strawberry lemonade is sweet from the strawberries and sugar but tart from the fresh lemons. You can add more or less sugar to adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
Can I use sparkling water?
You can use still or sparkling water for this recipe – whichever you prefer!
Can I use strawberry vodka?
Yes, you can use strawberry-infused vodka for an extra strawberry flavor. However, I have found that strawberry vodka has an artificial flavor, so I prefer lemonade vodka or plain vodka.
Can I use tequila instead?
You can certainly use tequila in place of vodka if you want. Make sure to use the same measurements.
Can I make it ahead of time?
You can make this homemade strawberry vodka lemonade up to 1 day in advance to serve at a party or event.
Is Smirnoff vodka gluten free?
Yes, Smirnoff vodka is considered gluten-free by the FDA and safe for celiacs.
Is vodka gluten-free?
Yes, vodka is generally considered gluten-free because the distillation process removes most of the gluten proteins from the final product. However, check to see if there is a gluten-free label on the bottle before purchasing.
How to store leftovers:
Vodka strawberry lemonade is best consumed within 1 day of preparation. However, store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days for best results. Make sure to stir it before serving!
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe
- Skinny Pina Colada
- Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe
- Banana Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Healthy Strawberry Crumble Bars
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, stems removed and hulled
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice, about 5 – 8 large lemons
- 1 cup granulared sugar, option to add ¼ – ½ more if you like sweeter lemonades
- 8 oz (1 cup) vodka or Deep Eddy’s lemonade vodka
- 3 cups cold water, or sparkling water if desired
- 2 – 3 cups ice
- Strawberry slices and lemon wedges for serving
- At the bottom of a pitcher or in a medium-sized mixing bowl, muddle (smash) the fresh strawberries.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, and cold water. Stir until combined. If needed, you can use 4 – 5 cups of lemonade instead of the lemon juice, sugar, and water.
- Add the vodka and stir again until combined. Then add ice. Taste and adjust sugar, lemon, or water measurements to your liking.
- Serve in mason jars garnished with fresh strawberries and lemon slices. Add extra ice if needed.
I only recommend products I love and use myself. In full disclosure, I may receive a small compensation for purchasing a product I recommend. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!