This easy vodka strawberry lemonade has the best sweet-tart flavor and is made with fresh strawberries and lemons. The perfect refreshing cocktail to make any time of year!
The best homemade strawberry vodka lemonade
My favorite part about this refreshing cocktail is that it’s made with all-natural ingredients: fresh lemons, water, fresh strawberries, water, ice, and a dash of sugar. There are no syrups, no simple sugars, or random ingredients!
This vodka lemonade is unlike other recipes: it’s made with less sugar, and it’s super customizable. This recipe is made with freshly squeezed lemons and mashed strawberries to give it all the best Summer flavors and sweetness. However, there are tons of subsitution options below.
Anyways, homemade pitcher strawberry vodka lemonade is perfect for serving guests. It’s easy to make and will impress everyone! Plus, it is ideal for summer, and I give instructions below on how to make this cocktail single-serve.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Made with fresh strawberries, so it’s lightened up and sweet.
- There are NO simple syrups in this recipe.
- The perfect easy and refreshing cocktail for any time of year.
- A summery and fun drink that everyone will love.
- Make it non-alcoholic if desired or with tequila or gin!
- Made with 5 ingredients, plus ice.
- Easily use store-bought lemonade as a substitute for making your own with lemons.
- Try these skinny margaritas if you want another flavorful cocktail recipe!
Ingredients you’ll need
This is the easiest homemade strawberry vodka lemonade you will ever make! You just need 5 simple ingredients, plus ice. Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared. Just make sure to read the recipe card at the bottom of this blog post for exact measurements.
- Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries for the best flavor; however, frozen ones will work too. This adds flavor and natural sweetness to this vodka lemonade.
- Lemons: We make homemade lemonade with fresh lemon juice, sugar, and water. You can also use store-bought lemonade if needed.
- Sugar: Start with 1 cup and add more based on your desired sweetness. Remember that the strawberries add flavor and sugar too!
- Water: This helps create the lemonade. You can use still or sparkling water.
- Vodka: Use your favorite vodka. I reccomend plain or a lemon/lemonade flavor. I love Deep Eddy’s lemonade vodka for that extra lemon flavor.
- Ice: Every refreshing cocktail needs to be served on ice.
Kitchen tools required
You don’t need any fancy or special kitchen utensils for this pitcher vodka strawberry lemonade recipe. Here is a list:
How to make homemade vodka strawberry lemonade
Homemade vodka strawberry lemonade takes 5 minutes to make. It’s made in a pitcher and is perfect for serving guests. Here are step-by-step directions:
First, at the bottom of a pitcher or in a medium-sized mixing bowl, muddle (smash) the fresh strawberries.
Then, the lemon juice, sugar, and cold water. Stir until combined. If needed, you can use 4 – 5 cups of lemonade instead of the lemon juice, sugar, and water.
Next, add the vodka, and stir again until combined. Then, add the ice. Taste and adjust sugar, lemon, or water measurements to your liking.
Finally, serve in mason jars garnished with fresh strawberries and lemon slices. Add extra ice if needed.
How to make a single serve vodka strawberry lemonade cocktail
You can make this pitcher of vodka strawberry lemonade single serve by reducing the measurements of each ingredient. Here is the recipe: 2 – 3 strawberries, 2 – 3 Tbsp sugar, 3/4 cup water or sparkling water, 1 shot (1/5 ounces) of vodka, juice from 1 lemon, and a handful of ice. Simply follow the same preparation instructions!
Variations and substitutions for strawberry vodka lemonade
Use sparkling water. You can swap out the water for sparkling water if you want to spice up this cocktail!
Use frozen strawberries. You can use frozen strawberries too, just defrost them and then muddle them.
Add fresh mint leave. Add in 3 – 5 chopped-up mint leaves for a fun, refreshing summer flavor.
Use limes instead of lemons. Make this a strawberry vodka limeade by using limes instead of lemons.
Use tequila or gin instead of vodka. You can easily swap out the vodka for tequila or gin.
Use blackberries or blueberries. If you don’t have strawberries on hand, you can use blueberries or blackberries.
Use lemonade. To make this recipe even easier, you can use 4 to 5 cups of store-bought lemonade instead of the lemons and sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, simply let the frozen strawberries defrost, muddle them, and continue on with the same recipe.
Is it sweet?
This vodka strawberry lemonade is sweet from the strawberries and sugar but tart from the fresh lemons. You can add more or less sugar to adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
Can I use sparkling water?
Yes, you can use still or sparkling water for this recipe – whichever you prefer!
Can I use tequila instead?
You can certainly use tequila in place of vodka if you want. Make sure to use the same measurements.
Is it gluten free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo.
Can I make it ahead of time?
You can make this homemade strawberry vodka lemonade up to 1 day in advance to serve at a party or event.
How to store leftovers:
Vodka strawberry lemonade is best consumed within 1 day of preparation. However, for best results, store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to stir it before serving!
If you love this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, stems removed and hulled
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice, about 5 – 8 large lemons
- 1 cup granulared sugar, option to add ¼ – ½ more if you like sweeter lemonades
- 8 oz (1 cup) vodka or Deep Eddy’s lemonade vodka
- 3 cups cold water, or sparkling water if desired
- 2 – 3 cups ice
- Strawberry slices and lemon wedges for serving
- At the bottom of a pitcher or in a medium-sized mixing bowl, muddle (smash) the fresh strawberries.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, and cold water. Stir until combined. If needed, you can use 4 – 5 cups of lemonade instead of the lemon juice, sugar, and water.
- Add the vodka and stir again until combined. Then add ice. Taste and adjust sugar, lemon, or water measurements to your liking.
- Serve in mason jars garnished with fresh strawberries and lemon slices. Add extra ice if needed.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!