The best skinny spicy mango margarita recipe made with fresh or frozen mangos, tequila, limes, orange juice, and a hint of jalapeño. They’re easy to make in 5 minutes and served in tajin-rimmed glasses. No sugar added!
The best spicy skinny mango margarita recipe
Summer is here, and you have to try this skinny spicy mango margarita recipe! I’ve had my fair share of margaritas, and nothing beats these simple, refreshing, and sweet mango margaritas. Don’t forget to try this classic spicy margarita recipe too!
The best part about this spicy mango margarita recipe is that you can serve them chilled or frozen (like a slushy or smoothie). I’ve had both of them so many times, and they are just delicious!
This mango margarita recipe is easy to make and only calls for 5 ingredients, plus tajin. I love that they don’t have any added sugar since they are sweetened with fresh mangos and orange juice.
This is the perfect Summer cocktail! Spicy mango margaritas are refreshing, sweet, and perfect for block parties and summer grill-outs. I cannot wait to hear what you think!
Why you’ll love this healthy margarita recipe
- Spicy mango margaritas are refreshing and sweet.
- Serve them chilled or frozen.
- No added sugar.
- They are sweetened with fresh mango.
- This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients.
- Only 192 calories per skinny mango margarita.
- Served in tajin-rimmed glasses.
- You can control the spiciness level.
- Healthier margaritas with no refined sugar.
- You can triple the recipe to make a pitcher mango margarita.
- Try these skinny spicy margaritas or skinny pina coladas next!
Ingredients needed & substitutions
You only need five ingredients (plus tajin) to make these skinny spicy mango margaritas; there is no added sugar! Here is a list so you have all your ingredients prepared:
- Mango: You can use fresh or frozen mango in this recipe, depending on if you want to make frozen margs or chilled ones.
- Orange or Mango Juice: These spicy mango margaritas are sweetened with orange juice or mango nectar instead of sugar. You can juice oranges or use store-bought fresh orange juice or mango nectar.
- Silver Tequila: This is another term for Blanco tequila. You can use any brand you want; I love Silver Patron.
- Limes: You’ll need 2 – 3 large limes for this skinny mango margarita recipe.
- Jalapeño: This adds the perfect amount of spiciness to these mango margaritas. You only need one; however, buy more if you plan on making a pitcher margarita.
- Tajin Seasoning: You can always stick to the classics and use coarse sea salt, but I love enjoying my spicy margaritas in tajin-rimmed glasses. It adds a fun and delicious flavor. You can also use coarse sea salt.
Kitchen tools needed
Here is a list of all the kitchen tools you’ll need to make this margarita recipe. Don’t worry, you probably have everything already!
- Cocktail shaker or sealable jar
- Double jigger (shot glass)
- Strainer (if not using a cocktail shaker with one)
- Small plate
- Cocktail glass or drinking cup
- High-speed blender
How to make spicy mango margaritas
These spicy mango margaritas are so easy to make in under 5 minutes. They are naturally sweetened with fresh mangos and have the perfect amount of heat. You can even make them into frozen margaritas too! Here are step-by-step instructions:
First, add tajin onto a small plate; then, wet the rim on your two glasses by rubbing a lime wedge around the top edge, then dip it into the tajin. Set them to the side.
Then, make the infused spicy mango or orange juice. Do this by adding the fresh orange juice (or mango juice) and jalapeño slices into a cocktail shaker or sealable glass. Then muddle them by crushing the jalapeño peppers with a muddler or the back of a spoon and vigorously for 30 seconds. Finally, strain and pour the spicy juice into a high-speed blender.
Step 3: regular spicy mango margaritas
Add the fresh mango cubes, tequila, and lime juice, to the blender with the spicy orange or mango juice and blend until completely smooth.
Step 3: frozen spicy mango margaritas
Add the FROZEN mango, tequila, and lime juice to the blender with the spicy orange or mango juice and blend until completely smooth. Add 4 – 8 ice cubes and blend (add more ice until you get your desired consistency).
Tip: Taste and adjust the flavor by adding more orange juice or mango for sweetness OR more tequila if you prefer a strong margarita. For an extra-spicy margarita, add ½ tsp of hot sauce.
Pour your spicy mango margarita into tajin-rimmed glasses and garnish with lime wedges and extra jalapeño slices. This recipe makes two margaritas; enjoy!
- Infuse the juice with jalapeños. This is my #1 tip for these spicy mango margaritas. You must infuse the spiciness of the jalapenos into the juice by muddling the peppers. If you skip this, you’ll make a regular mango margarita.
- Strain the jalapeño out before blending. If you skip this, there may be little specs or pieces of jalapeño in your margaritas.
- Make them into frozen margaritas. You can turn these mango margaritas into frozen margaritas by using frozen mango instead of fresh mango. I left detailed instructions in the recipe card below.
- Use orange or mango juice. The best part about this recipe is that you can use mango or orange juice to sweeten the margaritas. They will still taste like mango if you use orange juice. You can even squeeze 2 large oranges instead of buying orange juice.
- Make pitcher margaritas. Make these spicy mango margaritas into pitcher margaritas by scaling this recipe by 4 to 6. A pitcher of this spicy mango margarita recipe will serve 10 – 12 people. I left detailed instructions below.
- Add extra spiciness. Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of hot sauce to the blender if you want more spice. I reccomend tasting the spicy mango margarita before servings them to test out the spiciness level.
How to make pitcher spicy mango margaritas:
Make this recipe into a spicy mango margarita pitcher by scaling this recipe by 6. Follow the exact instructions in the recipe card by blending all your ingredients. Serve the mango margs in a large pitcher! A pitcher of this spicy mango margarita recipe will serve 10 – 12 people.
How to make frozen spicy mango margaritas:
You can easily make this spicy mango margarita recipe into FROZEN margaritas. Simply use frozen mango pieces instead of fresh mango. You can even add 4 – 8 ice cubes to thicken the frozen margs. I left detailed instructions below in the recipe card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a serrano pepper instead of a jalapeño?
You can use a serrano pepper instead of a jalapeno, but your margaritas will be spicier. Serrano peppers are hotter than jalapeños, so I recommend starting with half or a third of a serrano pepper.
What can I use instead of mango juice?
You can use freshly squeed or store-bought orange juice instead of mango juice.
Can I use fresh mango?
Yes, you can certainly use fresh mango for this recipe. If you are making frozen margaritas, use frozen mango chunks.
What is a spicy margarita?
A spicy margarita is any margarita with added “heat” and “spiciness.” This spicy mango margarita recipe uses a Jalapeño, but serrano chilies are common too!
What is tajin seasoning?
Tajin seasoning is a traditional and popular Mexican spice made from dried peppers, lime, and salt. It has some heat but is not spicy.
Can I use salt instead of tajin?
Absolutely! You can rim the margarita glasses with coarse sea salt too.
Can you make margaritas with vodka?
Margaritas are typically made with tequila; however, you can also use vodka if desired.
How spicy are these mango margaritas?
The best part about this recipe is that you control the spiciness of these mango margaritas. I recommend starting with one jalapeño and adding more if desired. For an extra-spicy margarita, you can add ½ tsp of hot sauce to the mixture. You can even use serrano peppers instead of jalapeños if you want extra heat.
How to store leftovers:
Spicy mango margaritas are best enjoyed right after you make them. If you make extras, you can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 1 day. Give them a stir before you serve them if you store them.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe
- Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
- Skinny Bacardi Pina Colada
- Baileys Espresso Martini
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe
Spicy Mango Margaritas
- 3 ounces (⅓ cup) fresh orange juice (from 1 orange) or mango juice/nectar
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (remove seeds to reduce spiciness)
- 1 large ripe mango (peeled and cubed) or 1 ½ cups frozen mango
- 3 – 4 ounces (~ ½ cup) silver tequila, also called Blanco tequila
- 3 ounces (⅓ cup) fresh lime juice, about 2 – 3 large limes
- Slices of fresh jalapeño
- 1 lime, sliced
- Tajin seasoning, for the glass rims
- Rimmed Glasses: Add tajin onto a small plate. Wet the rim on your two glasses by rubbing a lime wedge around the top edge, then dip it into the tajin. Set them to the side.
- Infused Spicy Mango or Orange Juice: In a cocktail shaker or sealable glass, add the fresh orange juice (or mango juice) and jalapeño slices and muddle them by crushing the peppers with a muddler or the back of a spoon. Vigorously for 30 seconds and then strain and pour into a high-speed blender.
- Regular Mango Margarita: Add the fresh mango cubes, tequila, and lime juice, to the blender with the spicy orange or mango juice and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the flavor by adding more orange juice or mango for sweetness OR more tequila if you prefer a strong margarita. For an extra-spicy margarita, add ½ tsp of hot sauce.
- Frozen Mango Margarita: Add the FROZEN mango, tequila, and lime juice, to the blender with the spicy orange or mango juice and blend until completely smooth. Add 4 – 8 ice cubes and blend (add more ice until you get your desired consistency). Taste and adjust the flavor by adding more orange juice or mango for sweetness OR more tequila if you prefer a strong margarita. For an extra-spicy margarita, add ½ tsp of hot sauce.
- Pour into your tajin-rimmed glasses. This recipe makes 2 margaritas.
- Garnish with lime wedges and extra jalapeño slices. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply