Best balsamic grilled peach summer salad made with healthy and fresh ingredients like arugula, creamy goat cheese, and tossed in a light homemade balsamic vinaigrette. This simple side salad is naturally sweet, delicious, and perfect for summer grilling. If you’re looking for a light and fresh option, this gluten-free, grain-free, and low-carb salad is perfect!
The best grilled peach salad
I am just too excited for Summer. But, funny enough, I think I am most excited about all the delicious eats. Don’t get me wrong, the warm weather is definitely a plus, but Summer food cannot be beaten! I mean, who doesn’t love long summer evenings spent with family and friends eating delicious grilled food.
Now that it is grilling season, I feel that I am always on the lookout for simple yet delicious side salads that pair well with all dinner recipes. Honestly, it can be hard finding that one go-to side salad that everyone will love. That is why I am so excited to share this incredibly tasty balsamic grilled peach salad will y’all. Because I promise you, everyone will love this super simple & fresh salad.
Why you’ll love this simple summer salad recipe
Call me crazy, but there is just something incredible about salads that have fresh summer fruit in them. My friends can attest, I put fruit in almost all my salads — from blueberries to strawberries to grapes. That is why I love this salad recipe so much. It combines sweet and tender peaches, crunchy pine nuts, creamy feta, and a tangy dressing. It is so good and so easy to make!
- Only takes 10 minutes to throw together. Perfect for busy people!
- No added sugar. This simple peach salad is naturally sweetened by the perfectly grilled peaches!
- Light homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing takes 30 seconds to make! Plus, it adds the perfect tang.
- Can be made into a main dish! Just add in some grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp.
- Grain free & gluten free. There is no gluten or grains in this Summer salad, making it low carb too.
Ingredients in balsamic grilled peach summer salad
One of the best things about this recipe is how it calls for minimal ingredients that are all good for you! I am all about simple ingredients and minimal cooking effort. This salad recipe combines the best tangy dressing with tons of flavor from the arugula and sweetness from the peaches. Here is a quick list of the 7 ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
grilled peach Salad:
- Peaches: pick 3 peaches that are ripe but still a little firm.
- Extra-virgin olive oil: measure out 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Balsamic vinegar: we are marinating our peaches in 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and olive oil before grilling them to perfection!
- Baby arugula: we are using baby arugula for the base of our salad. I love the peppery taste and freshness of arugula.
- Toasted pine nuts: We are adding 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts to this summer salad for some extra crunch and nuttiness.
- Crumbled goat cheese: measure 1/4 cup of goat cheese for the perfect creamy note for this light summer salad.
homemade balsamic Vinaigrette:
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 2 Tablespoons of olive oil is the base of our salad dressing.
- Honey: we are using only 1 Tablespoon of honey to sweeten this light vinaigrette naturally.
- Balsamic vinegar: whisk in some more balsamic vinegar to give this dressing a little acidity.
- Pinch of sea salt: just a little salt to give some seasoning to this healthy salad dressing.
How to make fresh and simple peach salad
Healthy summer grilled peach salad recipe is so easy to make! You’ll only need two mixing bowls, a knife to cut the peaches, and a cutting board. We will start by preparing the vinaigrette dressing, followed by cutting and grilling the peaches, and lastly combining the arugula, pine nuts, and goat cheese and tossing it all together. Just follow these simple steps:
First, prepare the vinaigrette dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl or mason jar and shake or whisk until thoroughly combined. This light balsamic vinaigrette is delicious and is key for making all of the flavors of this salad come together.
Next, take the three peaches and wash and dry them. Then, slice each peach into six segments and add them to a bowl. Gently toss them with balsamic vinegar and either olive oil or avocado oil and let them marinate. This is to prepare them for grilling and give them the best flavor.
Meanwhile, heat your grill to medium-high (375 – 400° F) and wipe it down with nonstick spray or an oil dipped towel. Once your grill is heated, place the peach slices flesh side down on the grill and let each side cook for 2 – 3 minutes. They are done once each slice has light grill marks.
Finally, make the salad by tossing together the arugula and vinaigrette in a large mixing bowl. Transfer the dressed arugula to a large serving plate and add in the toasted pine nuts, crumbled goat cheese, and grilled peaches. Drizzle any additional dressing on top and enjoy!
How to perfectly grill peaches:
In order to guarantee your balsamic marinated grilled peaches have the perfect char and sweetness to them follow these simple grilling tips:
- Heat your grill & lightly grease it. On medium-high (375 – 400° F) and lightly grease it so the peaches do not stick.
- Place marinated peach slices on the grill with flesh side down. Do not move them until it is time to flip!
- Grill each side for 2 – 3 minutes. There should be light grill marks on each side before taking the peaches off.
- Let them slightly cool. Remove grilled peaches and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before adding them to your salad!
Here are my top recipe tips when making balsamic grilled peach salad:
- Make it a main dish. While this salad is amazing on its own, if you are looking to make this a main dish, just add some protein! I recommend adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon on top. Any protein you pick should pair nicely with this salad.
- Tossing the arugula leaves in half of the vinaigrette before adding in the other ingredients. This guarantees the leaves are properly coated, and every bite will be tasty!
- Make sure peaches are ripe but still a little firm. If peaches are too juicy and over-ripe, they will fall apart when grilling.
Easy ingredient substitutions:
I love this salad as is, but if there is an ingredient or two you don’t love I am here to help with the very best swaps. Here are some easy ingredient substitutions you can make to perfectly customize this recipe to your liking:
- Pine nuts: swap out the pine nuts for toasted almonds, walnuts, or pecans! I love all of these options and each one tastes even better after toasting them!.
- Goat cheese: easily substitute the goat cheese for crumbled feta cheese or your favorite cheese!
- Arugula: swap out the arugula for spinach or a spring mix.
- Make it vegan: swap the goat cheese out for a vegan, dairy-free alternative!
- Add strawberries: If you really love fruit in your salad, feel free to add in fresh cut-up strawberries as well.
How to store leftovers
Simply store leftover balsamic grilled peach summer salad in one large airtight container or individual airtight containers in the fridge for 1 – 3 days. Keep the salad dressing separate. I recommend dressing the salad minutes before consumption, or else the arugula will wilt and get soggy.
What to eat peach salad with….
As mentioned above, adding a protein to this salad is a super easy way to make this a complete meal. I personally love grilled chicken or salmon on my salads, but shrimp is another great option! If serving this as a side, try pairing it with a lentil pasta, or another Healthful Blondie dinner recipe such as:
- BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Sliders
- Blackened Salmon With Mango Salsa
- Healthy Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- Pear Feta Turkey Burgers
- Goat Cheese & Pesto Crusted Chicken
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Balsamic Grilled Peach Summer Salad
- 3 peaches, ripe but firm
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 - 8 ounces baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients into a bowl or mason jar and whisk or shake to combine. Set to the side.
- Wash and dry the peaches and then slice each peach into 6 segments.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss them with avocado or olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Let them marinate while you heat your grill.
- Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high (375 - 400° F) and wipe down with nonstick spray or an oil dipped paper towel.
- Place the peach slices on the heated grill and cook each side for 2 - 3 minutes, until each slice has light grill marks. Remove from grill, set them to the side, and allow them to cool to room temperature for 5 - 8 minutes which you prepare the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the arugula with the dressing. Then transfer to a large serving plate and add the toasted pine nuts, crumbled feta or goat cheese, and grilled peaches. Drizzle any additional dressing on top and enjoy!
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff / Healthful Blondie + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply