Chewy orange chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that are healthy, thick, and easy. Gluten free, low sugar, dairy free, and made with coconut oil instead of butter. The perfect delicious healthy dessert, snack, or breakfast cookie. The chewiest oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ever!
The Best Ever Healthy orange oatmeal cookies
These delicious orange oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have JUST the right combination of crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside. The sweet combination of dark chocolate and fresh orange reminds me of the warm weather and simply makes me so happy. I am simply obsessed.
My family and I have been absolutely loving these orange oatmeal cookies as a healthy dessert, a snack, and even as a sweet breakfast cookie. Since they are naturally sweetened with a dash of maple syrup and have no additional sugar, these orange cookies are super nutritious.
Trust me when I say…. this will be your new FAVORITE cookie recipe ever! They are light, thick, sweet, and perfectly chewy.
How I Made These chewy oatmeal cookies Healthier:
These chewy orange cookies are clean, nutritious, and incredibly tasty! You only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives or random ingredients in this recipe!
Here are 4 ways that I made these gluten free cookies more nutritious and health-friendly without taking away from the taste!
- Used maple syrup instead of refined sugar. By using this type of healthier sweetener, I am removing all refined sugars, and sweetening naturally!
- I used gluten-free rolled oats. Making this cookie recipe rich in fiber, filling, and more nutritious!
- Used Walnuts which are rich in Omega-3 and antioxidants.
- Used almond flour to make these oatmeal cookies gluten free and low carb!
Ingredients in orange oatmeal cookies
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy chewy oatmeal cookie recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this easy healthy chocolate orange oatmeal cookie recipe, you’ll need rolled oats, maple syrup, and of course, some fresh orange zest!
- Maple syrup – I naturally sweetened these cookies with maple syrup!
- Coconut oil – gives these healthy oatmeal orange chocolate chip cookies the right amount of moisture and flavor.
- Vanilla extract
- Rolled oats – we use certified gluten free oats to make these cookies totally gluten free.
- Almond flour
- Baking Powder
- Orange – the fresh orange zest makes these oatmeal cookies fresh, light and so delicious!
- Chocolate chips – Use your favorite chocoalte chips in this recipe! I absolutely love Lily’s – the best chocoalte chips!
- Walnuts – gives these healthy orange chocoalte chip oatmeal cookies the perfect crunch.
Kitchen Tools Needed
For this easy healthy oatmeal cookie recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! You’ll need a mixing bowl to make these gluten free cookies and an oven to bake them.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Stirring Utensil
- Measuring cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup.
How to Make Chewy Orange Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
My favorite thing about this simple and easy orange cookie recipe (besides the taste of course) is how easy they are to make! This recipe is the absolute perfect healthy dessert, snack or sweet breakfast; plus, these chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are gluten free, nutritious, and dairy free!
First, preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Then add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
Next, add in the rolled oat, almond flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until combined and then gently fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and orange zest.
Now, form 12 – 15 balls (about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough for each) and gently press down into a cookie shape. Bake and enjoy your delicious orange chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!
I highly recommend storing them in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 -4 days!
How to Store Thick Healthy Oatmeal Orange Cookies
Make extra chewy orange chocolate chip cookies? No worries, I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days! Try heating them up in the microwave for 10 seconds – so delicious!
Looking for other healthy & tasty cookie recipes? Check these out!
Can’t get enough sweets? I know the feeling! Below are some of my favorite sweet tooth-approved recipes that you’re guaranteed to love! Plus they are all healthy!
- Grain-Free Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blondies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Healthy Birthday Cake Truffles
- Flourless Double Chocolate Brownies
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Chewy Orange Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup 100% maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond flour, packed
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Zest of 1 large orange, about 1 - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg.
- Mix in maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add in rolled oats, almond flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix with a spatula until fully combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, and orange zest.
- Using scooper or hands form 12 – 15 cookie patties and evenly space them across the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool & enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!