This 3 ingredient, everything bagel crusted salmon is flakey and moist with a super crispy crust. It’s the perfect healthy, easy-to-make, 15-minute weeknight meal! I love serving it with this greek spinach salad.
The best crispy everything bagel crusted salmon
Does anyone else love everything but the bagel seasoning? It’s the best! I love using it to season chicken, fish, rice, eggs, and even avocado toast! That’s why I am so excited to share this delicious everything bagel salmon with you.
Once you make this recipe, you’ll never want to cook salmon another way. Everything but the bagel-crusted salmon is super flakey and tender. We start by pan-searing it on the stovetop to ensure the salmon skin is super crisp, and then we finish it off in the oven so the everything bagel crusted crispens up and doesn’t burn.
I love pairing this salmon recipe with a simple greek salad with some homemade tzatziki sauce or adding it to this strawberry goat cheese salad. The options are endless since everything bagel salmon goes well with salads, pasta, roasted potatoes, and even rice.
I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on this easy, 15-minute recipe. It’s great for kids, meal prep, and weeknight dinners.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Everything bagel crusted salmon is quick and easy to make in under 15 minutes.
- The skin and crust are both super crispy.
- You only need three ingredients for this recipe.
- The salmon is tender and flakey.
- It is healthy and has over 34 grams of protein per serving.
- Easy weeknight dinner.
- Perfect for meal prep.
- Salmon is full of omega-3s and healthy fats.
- Serve this crispy salmon with your favorite salad or side.
- Try these furikake salmon bowls for another crusted salmon recipe.
Taste & texture
This everything bagel-crusted salmon is garlicky, oniony, and so delicious. It is perfectly seasoned but not too salty. Plus, salmon is not super “fishy,” which makes it an excellent protein for all eaters. The main flavors come from the everything bagel seasoning: garlic, sesame seeds, onion, and poppy seeds.
The salmon is super flaky and tender. It is not overcooked. The crust on the salmon is crunchy and crisp. So good!
Everything bagel salmon is super easy to make. There are only three ingredients in this recipe! Here is a list, so you are prepared – scroll to the bottom of this blog post to see the entire recipe card with measurements.
- Salmon: Once pan-fried and oven-baked, the salmon is extra tender and flaky. You can cook it to your desired doneness. I love medium-well.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: You can buy everything bagel seasoning at your local grocery store, online, or at Trader Joe’s. If you want to make your everything bagel seasoning, scroll down, and I will tell you how to do it!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: To help crispy up the salmon skin!
Kitchen tools required
You only need a few kitchen utensils to make this salmon recipe. Clean-up is so easy! Here is a list of exactly what you need for this recipe:
- Large Saute Pan
- Small Plate
- Measuring Tools: 1 Tablespoon and 1/4 cup.
How to make everything bagel crusted salmon
It is so easy to make this crispy pan-seared and oven-baked salmon crusted in everything but the bagel seasoning. It takes under 15 minutes! Here are step-by-step directions and pictures for visual reference:
First, preheat your oven to 350°F and spread the everything but the bagel seasoning onto a plate.
Then, dry the salmon fillets with paper towels and lightly season with salt and pepper. Then, press the flesh side of the salmon fillets into the everything spice to create a crust. Try to avoid getting the seasoning on the skin side.
Next, place an oven-safe saute pan onto the stovetop and heat olive oil to medium-high. When the oil is hot, place the crusted salmon fillets skin-side down into the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat and transfer the pan to the oven.
Now, bake for 5 – 8 minutes until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and place an oven mitt or dish rag over the handle when you place it down, so no one grabs the oven-hot handle!
For extra crispiness, feel free to turn the stove back on to medium and flip the salmon so the crusted side is face down. Cook for one additional minute to crispen the seasoning.
Serve with fresh arugula or Greek salad and tzatziki. Enjoy!
Pro cooking tips & tricks
Pat your salmon dry. This is super important and ensures that the everything bagel seasoning sticks onto the salmon like a crust. If you skip this step, it may fall off when cooking.
Press the seasoning in with your fingers. This ensures the seasoning sticks to the salmon and doesn’t call off as you pan-sear it and bake it.
Make sure the oil is HOT. Make sure the oil is hot and sizzling before adding the salmon. This ensures the maximum amount of crispiness. Avoid adding your salmon to a cold pan with olive oil because the skin will be soggy and gross.
Start skin-side down. The everything bagel crust WILL BURN if you add it to the pan first. Trust me, don’t do it.
Don’t touch until done cooking. Don’t pick up or move the salmon until the very end to ensure a crispy skin.
What to serve with everything bagel salmon
Everything bagel salmon goes well with all types of dishes. Here are a few ideas:
- Salads. Serve on top of or next to one of these delicious salads: greek spinach salad, orzo pesto salad, or even this strawberry goat cheese salad.
- Rice. Serve on a bed of jasmine, brown, or basmati rice.
- Potatoes. I love serving everything bagel salmon with a side of crispy sweet potato cubes, or air fryer smashed potatoes.
- Sides + Vegetables. Serve with a side of this homemade garlic bread or honey sriracha brussel sprouts.
How to make homemade everything bagel seasoning:
Here is a quick recipe to make your own everything bagel seasoning. Just mix everything together!
- 1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
Frequently Asked Questions
When is salmon done cooking?
If you want to cook your salmon to medium, it is done cooking when the internal temperature is around 125 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit. For medium-rare, you can stop cooking at 120 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have an internal thermometer, you can tell salmon is done by using a fork to see if the inside is flakey and light pink.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is 100% gluten-free.
Can I air fry salmon crusted in everything bagel seasoning?
Yes, you can also air fryer everything bagel salmon. Preheat your air fryer to 380°F, add your crusted salmon fillets skin side down into the basket, and the air fryer for 8 – 12 minutes. I recommend checking at the 6-minute mark to ensure the salmon is cooking properly. There is no need to flip it halfway through!
Can I skip the open and only cook it on the stove?
Yes, if you don’t want to bake it in the oven, then cook the salmon skin side down in the pan for 3 – 4 minutes on medium-high, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 3 minutes. Then, flip the salmon so the everything bagel crust is face-down, and cook for another 3 minutes.
Is salmon healthy?
Yes, salmon is healthy and a great protein to include in your diet. It is high in omega-3s, protein, and healthy fats.
Does it keep well for meal prep?
Yes, everything bagel crusted salmon keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days if you want to meal prep it.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: Store leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: You can reheat this salmon in the oven, toaster oven, air fryer, or microwave. For best results, reheat in the air fryer at 350°F for 3 – 5 minutes or in your oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5 – 8 minutes. I avoid the microwave because the crust can get soggy, but if you are in a rush, reheat for 60 – 90 seconds until warm.
If you loved this salmon recipe, try these next!
- Crispy Salmon with Pesto and Vegetables
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- Furikake Salmon Bowls
- Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad
- Air Fryer Tilapia
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Everything Bagel Crusted Salmon
- 4 (6oz) salmon fillets, skin on
- ¼ cup everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spread the everything but the bagel seasoning onto a plate.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels and lightly season with salt and pepper. Then, press the flesh side of the salmon fillets into the everything spice to create a crust. Avoid getting the seasoning on the skin side.
- Place an oven-safe saute pan onto the stovetop and heat olive oil to medium-high. When the oil is hot, place the crusted salmon fillets skin-side down into the pan and cook for for 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 5 – 8 min, until the salmonis cooked to your preferred doneness. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and place an oven mit or dish rag over the handle when you place it down, so no one grabs the oven-hot handle!
- For extra crispiness, feel free to turn the stove back on to medium and flip the salmon, so the crusted side is face down. Cook for 1 extra minute to crispen the seasoning.
- Serve with fresh arugula or Greek salad and tzatziki. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!