Healthy peanut butter banana stuffed french toast: a fun, vegan, and healthy spin on a classic french toast. This simple and easy recipe only calls for 6 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make! The BEST ever, mouthwatering, most delicious french toast you will ever eat. Plus, it is vegan and gluten-free!
Best Ever healthy peanut butter stuffed french toast!
This is not only the BEST french toast I have ever eaten, but it is by far the best breakfast I have ever had. That is saying a lot as I am basically a peanut butter and breakfast queen. The crispy bread in combo with the warm and gooey peanut butter is heaven. Words can’t describe how good this breakfast is. It doesn’t taste healthy but it is!
I think the best part about this healthier french toast recipe is the fact it is only made with six wholesome, nutritious ingredients and it takes 10 minutes to make. Not sure about you, but I do not have endless time to be cooking in the kitchen. I have a job and am a full-time college student. This is one of my favorite fast, easy, and simple breakfast recipes. Seriously one of the best fast, healthy breakfast recipes I have ever eaten.
This is by far the most popular and loved recipe on my Instagram. I make this almost every weekend now. It is just that good. The warm peanut butter in combination with the banana is heavenly. Make this for your family or friends on a Saturday or Sunday morning and they will be begging for you to make it again!
Ingredients in vegan stuffed french toast
It’s really simple. You do not need anything fancy and you probably have everything you need to make this already in your kitchen. In fact, there are only 6 ingredients in this healthy peanut butter banana stuffed french toast. This healthy, gluten-free, and plant based breakfast recipe calls for:
- Bread: Grab 2 slices of your favorite bread! My personal favorite is Dave’s Killer Bread good seed; however, this is not gluten-free, so any bread will work and taste amazing! You can use your favorite gluten-free or regular bread!
- Peanut butter: There is nothing better than peanut butter. You’ll need 2 Tablespoons of creamy or crunch peanut butter. Personally, I love using Trader Joe’s crunchy all-natural peanut butter. It is so gooey and tasty!
- Banana: You’ll need half a banana for this healthy french toast.
- Almond milk: 1/2 cup of almond milk is needed for this french toast recipe. I love using Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It is truly tasty.
- Ground cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon goes a long way! Measure out 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract is the perfect amount of flavoring for this vegan french toast.
Substitution Suggestions for stuffed french toast
Don’t worry if you want to substitute an ingredient or two. One of the best things about this delicious and healthy breakfast recipe is that it is super customizable. Here is a list of substitution recommendations!
- Peanut butter – if you have a peanut allergy, do not worry! You can use any nut butter here: from almond butter, to cashew butter, to granola butter, to sun butter!
- Almond milk – if you prefer something other than almond milk, don’t worry! Any milk or plant mylk will work for this recipe! Use cashew milk, oat milk, or just plain old regular milk.
- Banana – you can switch out the banana for another fruit. Try strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or apples.
How to make healthy peanut butter and banana stuffed french toast
This recipe is so easy, it is single serve, and only takes 10 minutes! Not only will everyone in your family thank you for making this, but they will also beg you to make seconds! At least, that is what happens in my house! Here is how you make this tasty, gooey and healthy peanut butter stuffed french toast:
First, in a shallow bowl, whisk together almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Then, place a pan onto the stovetop and heat it to medium-low.
Meanwhile, spread a thick and even amount of creamy or crunchy all-natural peanut butter on one slice of bread and add a tiny amount on the second slice so the bananas stick. Then, evenly place banana slices across the second piece of bread (the one with only a small amount of peanut butter). Make the sandwich and press down.
Add a little butter, oil, or ghee on the heated pan.
Then, dip both sides of the sandwich into the milk mixture very QUICKLY! Only 1 – 3 seconds on each side and place the sandwich on the pan.
Cook for 2 – 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and slightly crispy. Then, remove from the heat and cut in half.
Top with extra banana, peanut butter, or a splash of maple syrup. Enjoy this easy, healthy and vegan peanut butter banana stuffed french toast!
Some must try delicious breakfast recipes!
- Spinach Mushroom & Feta Quiche With Sweet Potato Crust
- Protein Chocolate Chip Baked Oats (Single Serve)
- Healthy Fluffy Chunky Monkey Banana Pancakes
- Healthy Lemon Pound Cake
- Mini French Toast Bagels
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/2 of a banana, sliced
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Place a pan onto the stovetop. Heat to medium-low.
- Meanwhile, spread thick and even amount of peanut butter on one slice of bread. Add a tiny amount on the second slice so the bananas stick.
- Evenly place banana slices across the second piece of bread (the one with only a small amount of peanut butter). Make the sandwich. Press down.
- Add a little butter, oil, or ghee on the heated pan.
- Dip both sides of sandwich into milk mixture very QUICKLY! Only 1 - 3 seconds on each side. Place directly on heated pan.
- Cook 2 - 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and slightly crispy. Remove from heat and cut in half.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!