Say hello to your new favorite copycat Starbucks drink: this salted caramel cream cold brew recipe is the perfect morning pick-me-up with a smooth and sweet taste. It’s made with 5 simple ingredients and is healthy.
Starbucks copycat salted caramel cream cold brew
I love Starbucks, but dang, it gets expensive quickly. That’s why I was determined to re-create one of my favorite Starbucks drinks at home! This salted caramel cream cold brew recipe is next level and defiantly gives Starbucks a run for its money.
This salted caramel cream cold brew recipe is not only healthier than the original version, but it’s perfectly sweet and better tasting. I love enjoying it in the morning when I am craving something a little sweet.
The best part is that you can use decaf coffee, regular brewed coffee, and even cold brew. The ingredients are simple and minimal; you can buy everything at the grocery store. Plus, this recipe only takes 5 minutes to make.
I love enjoying mine in the morning or even in the afternoon as a little pick-me-up. But don’t worry, if you don’t like caffeine, you can use a decaf cold brew or coffee. How awesome is that!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Tastes better than Starbucks.
- Ready in 5 minutes.
- It tastes like salted caramel.
- No added refined sugar.
- Perfect pick-me-up.
- Topped with homemade healthy cold foam.
- You can use decaf coffee, cold brew, or regular brewed coffee.
- Try this cozy oat milk hot chocolate next!
You only need 5 ingredients and ice to make salted caramel cream cold brews! They are perfectly sweet, easy to make, and incredibly delicious. Here is a list of ingredients so you are prepared:
- Cold Brew: Grab your favorite cold brew or make your own. I love cold brew because it has a smooth coffee taste and has lots of caffeine. If needed, you can also use a decaffeinated version.
- Ice: Ice ice baby! You need about 1 cup worth of ice for these salted caramel coffees.
- Caramel Syrup: Grab your favorite sugar-free or regular caramel syrup or sauce. It gives these cold brews the perfect sweetness and flavor.
- Heavy Cream: We’ll use a little heavy cream and a little milk to make homemade cold foam!
- Milk: Use whole milk or almond milk. If you are using almond milk, I recommend Almond Breeze because it foams well.
- Salt: A dash of salt add the best sweet and salty combo. I know it sounds weird but it’s seriously incredible!
Kitchen tools required
One of the best things about these “fancy” coffees is how easy they are to make. You’ll just need a few kitchen tools:
- Electric Milk Frother, Handheld Frother, or Hand Mixer
- 2 Glasses
- Measuring Tools: 1 Tablespoon and 1 cup.
How to make a homemade salted caramel cream cold brew
Homemade salted caramel cream cold brews are not only super delicious, but they are so easy to make! They are much healthier than the Starbucks version and, honestly, taste way better. Here are step-by-step instructions. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, add cold brew and caramel sauce to a large glass or jar. Stir with a spoon until fully dissolved. Then pour into two serving glasses filled with ice.
Next, you can use a hand mixer, emersion blender, handheld milk frother, or a milk frothing machine to make the salted cold foam.
Step 3: Electric Mixer, Immersion Blender, Handheld Frother Method
If you are using an eclectic mixer, add the heavy cream, milk, and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until foamy at high speed; this will take about 2 – 4 minutes. Serve immediately over the iced caramel cold brew.
Step 4: Milk Frother Machine Method:
If you are using a milk frother, add the heavy cream, milk, and salt to the milk frother. Froth on the “cold” setting to create the salted cold foam. Serve immediately over the iced caramel cold brew.
Finally, stir the cold brews once more before serving. Pour the salted cold foam over both cold brew glasses and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use regular brewed or drip coffee?
Yes, even though this recipe calls for cold brew, you can easily swap it out with brewed or dripped coffee.
Is it healthy?
Yes! I consider these salted caramel cream cold brews to be healthy since they are made with simple ingredients and have no added sugar.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double, triple, and quadruple this recipe!
How much sugar is in this drink?
If you use sugar-free caramel sauce, there is NO sugar in this drink.
Can I add sugar?
Absolutely! If you like sweeter coffees, add 1 tablespoon of sugar along with the caramel sauce.
Does cold brew have more or less caffeine than regular coffee?
Cold brew typically has more caffeine than regular coffee. That’s why I love it so much!
What’s the difference between cold brew and iced coffee?
Cold brew is often confused with iced coffee. The main differences between the two are (1) how they are prepared and (2) how they taste. Cold brew is made by steeping coffee in cold or room temperature water for between 12 – 14 hours; this results in a much smoother and sweet taste. On the other hand, ice coffee is brewed with hot water in a few minutes and is poured over ice to cool; it has a strong acidic coffee taste.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- 16 oz cold brew, 2 cans or about 2 cups
- 1 – 2 cups ice
- 2 tbsp caramel syrup or sauce, sugar-free or regular
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp whole milk or almond milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add cold brew and caramel sauce to a large glass or jar. Stir with a spoon until fully dissolved. Then pour into two serving glasses filled with ice.
- You can use a hand mixer, emersion blender, handheld milk frother, or milk frothing machine to make the salted cold foam.
- Electric Mixer, Immersion Blender, Handheld Frother Method: Add heavy cream, milk, and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until foamy on a high speed; this will take about 2 – 4 minutes. Serve immediately over the iced caramel cold brew.
- Milk Frother Machine Method: Add heavy cream, milk, and salt to milk frother. Froth on the “cold” setting to create the salted cold foam. Serve immediately over the iced caramel cold brew.
- Stir the cold brews once more before serving.
- Pour the salted cold foam over both cold brew glasses and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!