This refreshing and simple banana peach smoothie is protein-packed, healthy, and makes for the perfect breakfast or snack. Made with simple ingredients like Greek yogurt, banana, ice, and frozen or fresh peaches. Top this easy protein smoothie with granola and extra peach slices.
The best protein smoothie
I am obsessed with smoothies! They are easy to make, super refreshing, and the perfect way to sneak in fruits and veggies. And nothing screams summer and good times like this banana and peach smoothie.
Lately, I have been enjoying a smoothie every day. Something I make them for breakfast and other times as an afternoon snack. There is just something about smoothies that is so exciting! I love adding peanut butter, granola, and chia seeds to mine. More nutritious and super tasty!
If you are short on time and running out the door to school or work, this peach and banana smoothie recipe is for you! Just throw all your ingredients into a blender, and your tasty breakfast is ready. This smoothie is perfect all year long.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Protein packed
- Easy to make
- Quick breakfast or snack
- Perfect for athletes and kids
Ingredients in peach banana protein smoothie
Can you believe this banana peach smoothie only has 6 ingredients? It is refreshing, naturally sweet, and easy to throw together for a quick healthy breakfast or snack.
- Greek yogurt: this is the protein source in this smoothie recipe. It makes the smoothie creamy and delicious! Use nonfat or full fat greek yogurt.
- Banana: you will need 1 large banana (either fresh or frozen). It helps naturally sweeten this protein smoothie. Using frozen bananas will help thicken the smoothie.
- Peaches: next, you’ll need 1 and 1/2 cups of frozen peach slices or one large fresh peach cut up into slices. Using frozen peach slices will help thicken the smoothie.
- Ice: this will help thicken this peach banana smoothie up. You are welcome to add more after blending if you want a thicker smoothie.
- Almond milk: add in a 1/2 cup of almond milk to give this smoothie the perfect consistency. Any type of milk will work!
- Cinnamon: a dash of cinnamon goes a long way flavor wise! I promise it gives this peach and banana smoothie the perfect flavor.
- Toppings: make this protein smoothie extra fun and nutritious by adding your favorite granola on top, extra peach slices, some chia seeds, and even some nut butter.
I love this smoothie as is, but feel free to make it your own! Here is a list of nutritional suggestions for this banana peach smoothie:
- Chia seeds: add in 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds for a boost of fiber and healthy fats.
- Protein powder: looking for more protein? I recommend adding plain or vanilla flavored protein powder.
- Ground flaxseed: add in 1 Tablespoon of flaxseed meal for an extra boost of fiber and minerals.
- Nut butter: add peanut butter, almond butter, sun butter, or cashew butter for extra health fats. This will keep you full for longer!
- Hemp seeds: add in 1 – 2 Tablespoons of hemp seeds of omegas, minerals, and healthy fats.
How to make banana peach smoothie
Making this banana peach smoothie could not be any easier! It only takes 5 minutes to make and will keep you full for hours.
First, add all the ingredients (plus any additions) to a high-speed blender.
Then, pulse and blend until fully combined. For a thicker smoothie, use a frozen banana, frozen peaches, and additional ice if needed.
Finally, pour into a glass and top with fresh banana slices, peach slices, granola, and enjoy!
Tips on how to make a thick smoothie
I prefer my smoothies to be thick and creamy. Since I make so many, here are some tips and tricks to making thick smoothies:
- Use frozen fruit. This is a trick I picked up along the way. It will keep the smoothie cold and thick as you blend everything.
- Blend and then add ice to thicken. I recommend blending the smoothie together, testing the thickness, and if you want it to be thinker, adding in a few ice cubes.
- Pulse your blender. Rather than blending at a high speed, try pulsing the blender to fully incorporate the frozen fruit. This will keep the smoothie cold and thick.
Are smoothies healthy?
Yes! Smoothies are a healthy breakfast, snack, and even dessert option for everyone. They are packed with nutrients, fruits, and even vegetables. This banana peach smoothie is not only healthy but is also packed with protein from Greek yogurt. You are getting healthy fats, calcium, and vitamins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this smoothie vegan?
Yes! Make this banana peach smoothie vegan by using a plant based yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt.
Can I add protein powder?
Yes! I recommend using a plain or vanilla flavored protein powder, so you don’t change the flavor of the smoothie.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes! You can double, triple and quadruple this smoothie recipe for everyone in your family can enjoy it or save them for meal prepping.
Can I freeze a blended smoothie?
Yes! You can freeze blended smoothies for up to 3 months. Just place it into a freezer safe container or bag. Once you are ready to enjoy defrost in the fridge overnight or leave at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours and then blend it again with milk if necessary.
If you loved this snack recipe, here are other ones to check out….
Need some more healthier snack recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie recipes to try out….
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Peanut Butter Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
- No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Bread Bites
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Banana Peach Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, non-fat or full fat
- 1 large banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cup frozen peaches, or a large fresh peach sliced
- 1/2 cup ice, + more if using only fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients (plus any additions) to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse and blend until fully combined. For a thicker smoothie, use frozen banana, frozen peaches, and additional ice if needed.
- Pour into a glass and top with fresh banana slices, peach slices, granola, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!