This 5-ingredient refreshing and simple banana peach smoothie is protein-packed, healthy, and makes for the perfect breakfast or snack. Made with simple ingredients like Greek yogurt, banana, ice, and frozen or fresh peaches.
The best banana peach smoothie
I am obsessed with smoothies! They are easy to make, super refreshing, and the perfect way to sneak in fruits and veggies. As of late, I have been loving this banana mango strawberry smoothie and this oat milk smoothie, but nothing screams summer and good times like this banana and peach smoothie.
This banana pech smoothie is creamy, light, and sweet. It only calls for four ingredients, plus some ice. Just throw all your ingredients into a blender, and your tasty breakfast or snack is ready.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is protein-packed from the Greek yogurt. Once smoothie has 13 grams of natural protein. You can always add extra protein powder or college too.
If you are short on time and running out the door to school or work, this peach and banana smoothie recipe is for you! Kids and picky eaters love it.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This banana peach smoothie is easy to make with 5 ingredients.
- It has over 13 grams of natural protein.
- A 5-minute recipe.
- A quick and easy breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- Healthy, gluten free, and can be made dairy free.
- Perfect for athletes and kids.
- Try this banana mango strawberry smoothie for another delicious summer smoothie recipe!
Ingredients & substitutions
Can you believe this banana peach protein smoothie only has five ingredients? It is refreshing, naturally sweet, and easy to throw together for a quick healthy breakfast or snack. Here is a list of exactly what you need:
- Greek Yogurt: This is the protein source in this smoothie recipe. It makes the smoothie creamy and delicious! You can use plain or vanilla flavored nonfat or full-fat greek yogurt.
- Banana: You will need 1 large banana (either fresh or frozen). It helps naturally sweeten this protein smoothie. Using frozen bananas will help thicken the smoothie, too without needing to add lots of ice.
- Peaches: Next, you’ll need 1 and 1/2 cups of frozen peach slices or one large fresh peach cut up into slices. Using frozen peach slices will help thicken the smoothie.
- Almond milk: This helps give this smoothie the perfect consistency. You can also use oat milk or type of milk!
- Cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon goes a long way flavor-wise! I promise it gives this peach and banana smoothie the perfect flavor.
- Toppings: Make this protein smoothie extra fun and nutritious by adding your favorite granola on top, extra peach slices, some chia seeds, and even some nut butter.
Variations and add-ins
I love this smoothie as is, but feel free to make it your own! Here is a list of nutritional suggestions for this banana peach smoothie:
- Chia Seeds: add in 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds for a boost of fiber and healthy fats.
- Protein Powder: looking for more protein? I recommend adding plain or vanilla-flavored protein powder.
- Collagen: add in 1 scoop for protein and to help strengthen your nails, skin, and hair.
- Ground Flaxseed: add in 1 Tablespoon of flaxseed meal for an extra boost of fiber and minerals.
- Nut Butter: add peanut butter, almond butter, sun butter, or cashew butter for extra healthy fats. This will keep you full for longer!
- Hemp Seeds: add in 1 – 2 Tablespoons of hemp seeds of omegas, minerals, and healthy fats.
How to make a banana peach smoothie
Making this banana peach smoothie could not be any easier! It only takes 5 minutes to make and will keep you full for hours. Here are step-by-step instructions:
First, add all the ingredients (plus any additions) to a high-speed blender.
Then, pulse and blend until fully combined. For a thicker smoothie, use a frozen banana, frozen peaches, and additional ice if needed.
Finally, pour into a glass and top with fresh banana slices, peach slices, and granola, and enjoy!
Expert tips for thick smoothies
I prefer my smoothies to be thick and creamy. Since I make so many, here are some tips and tricks for making thick smoothies:
Use frozen fruit and frozen banana. This is a trick I picked up along the way. It will keep the smoothie cold and thick as you blend everything.
Blend and then add ice to thicken. I recommend blending the smoothie together, testing the thickness, and if you want it to be thinker, adding in a few ice cubes.
Pulse your blender. Rather than blending at a high speed, try pulsing the blender to fully incorporate the frozen fruit. This will keep the smoothie cold and thick.
Don’t add too much milk. You can always add more, so start with 1/2 cup. If the smoothie is too thick, thin it out with extra milk.
Is this smoothie healthy?
Yes! This banana peach protein smoothie is a healthy recipe option for everyone. It is packed with nutrients. Has added protein and healthy fats from Greek yogurt, calcium from almond milk, and vitamins from the fruit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many grams of protein are in this smoothie?
There are 13 grams of natural protein from the Greek yogurt. Feel free to add extra protein by adding a scoop of protein powder or collagen to this smoothie recipe.
Can I make this smoothie vegan?
Yes! Make this banana peach smoothie vegan by using a plant-based dairy-free yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt. I like almond milk yogurt.
Can I add protein powder?
Yes! I recommend using a plain or vanilla flavored protein powder so you don’t change the flavor of the smoothie.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes! You can double, triple, and quadruple this smoothie recipe, for everyone in your family to enjoy it or save them for meal prepping.
Can I freeze a blended smoothie?
Yes! You can freeze blended smoothies for up to 3 months. Just place it into a freezer-safe container, ice cube tray, or bag. Once you are ready to enjoy, defrost in the fridge overnight or leave at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours and then blend it again with milk if necessary.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Banana Peach Protein Smoothie
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, non-fat or full fat
- 1 large banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cup frozen peaches, or a large fresh peach sliced
- ½ cup ice, + more if using only fresh fruit
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, plain or vanilla
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients (plus any additions) to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse and blend until fully combined. For a thicker smoothie, use frozen banana, frozen peaches, and additional ice if needed.
- Pour into a glass and top with fresh banana slices, peach slices, granola, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!