These easy 5-minute air fryer bagel bites are cheesy, crispy, and made with three ingredients. Add any toppings to these mini pizza bagels for the perfect lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack.
5-minute mini air fryer pizza bagels
I love pizza! You guys love my air fryer tortilla pizzas and these air fryer pizza rolls, so I cannot wait to share this recipe with you. These mini air fryer pizza bagels are the perfect 5-minute lunch, dinner, snack, or appetizer. They call for 3 ingredients, and they are easily customizable by adding any topping you want. Some of my family’s favorites are pepperoni, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, and pineapple.
Each mini bagel is topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Once they are air fried, the bagel is crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and the cheesy is gooey and delicious. The perfect game-day appetizer!
Don’t forget that you can customize them. I love adding mini pepperoni to mine. I even make Hawaiian bagel bites by adding pineapple and ham. Sometimes I substitute the marinara sauce for pesto. The options are endless!
Let’s not forget that this recipe is perfect for kids too! They are fun to make and much healthier than store-bought frozen pizza bagel bites. This wholesome recipe has no random ingredients, oils, or preservatives. A great after-school snack.
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe:
- Air fryer bagel bites are mini pizzas.
- Homemade and ready in 5 minutes.
- They are crispy and cheesy.
- Much healthier than store-bought frozen bagel bites.
- Made with mini bagels, pizza sauce, and cheese.
- Customize them with any toppings.
- Easily make them gluten-free and dairy-free.
- The ideal lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack.
- No pizza dough is needed.
- No frozen pizza bagels are needed.
- Perfect for kids!
- Try these incredibly crispy air fryer tortilla pizzas or these homemade air fryer pizza rolls next!
Ingredients & substitutions
These mini air fryer bagel bites call for 3 straightforward ingredients: your favorite mini bagels, pasta or pizza sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. This recipe is healthy and can be made dairy-free and gluten-free. Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared:
- Mini Bagels: You can use any brand and flavor you want. I love using the plain mini bagels from Trader Joe’s, but feel free to use mini everything, sesame, or poppy seed bagels. You can also use mini gluten-free bagels.
- Red Sauce: You can use your favorite pasta sauce here! I like marinara, tomato, vodka, arrabiata, or pizza sauce. You can even substitute the red sauce for alfredo to make this a white pizza or pesto (I love this 5-minute nut-free pesto recipe).
- Cheese: I used shredded mozzarella, but you can use low-fat mozzarella, sharp cheddar cheese, swiss, Mexican blend, Italian 4 Cheese, or your favorite kind.
Kitchen tools required
Here is a list of kitchen utensils you will need to make this easy air fryer bagel bites recipe.
- Air Fryer
- Measuring Tools: 1 Tablespoon and 1/4 cup.
How to make air fryer bagel bites
This is the easiest air fryer bagel bites recipe! They are bite-sized, only take 5 minutes to make, and you can customize the pizzas with any toppings you want. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, cut your mini bagels in half, then spread a spoonful of marinara sauce on top of each bagel.
Then, evenly sprinkle each bagel half with cheese and add any toppings you want.
Then, place the bagel halves into the air fryer basket and air fry at 380°F for 3 – 5 minutes. Every air fryer is different, so check at the 3-minute mark to ensure nothing is burning.
Let them cool in the air fryer basket for 1 – 2 minutes. Enjoy warm!
Expert tips for air fryer bagel bites
Don’t overfill your air fryer basket. It’s super important that the mini pizza bagels don’t overlap in the air fryer. They won’t cook properly, and the cheesy won’t melt if they are stacked on top of each other.
Don’t add too much sauce. If you add too much sauce, the tomato sauce and cheese may fall off your bagels as they air fry. Start with about 1 Tablespoon per bagel half.
Check at the 3-minute mark. All air fryers are different, so make sure to check around the 3-minute mark to ensure your bagel bite pizzas are not burning.
Add toppings. I love that this recipe is so customizable! You can add any toppings you want – from pepperoni to chicken sauce, to ground beef, to pineapple and ham, to mushrooms and onions. I left a long list in the next section.
Air fryer bagel bites variations
The best thing about this super easy, 5-minute air fryer bagel bites recipe is that you can customize it however you want! Feel free to pick any topping or flavor variation from the list below:
- Shredded chicken
- Sliced deli turkey
- Chicken or pork sausage (pre-cooked)
- Ground beef (cooked)
- Banana peppers
- Hot cherry peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hot honey: add a little drizzle after you air fry the tortilla pizza
- White pizza: swap the red sauce for alfredo sauce
- Pesto pizza: add pesto on top or swap the red sauce for pesto
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a regular-sized bagel?
Yes, you can use a regular-sized bagel instead of mini bagels for this recipe; however, the cooking time will increase. Simply, grab one regular-sized bagel, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of sauce to each bagel half, sprinkle cheese on top, then air fryer for 5 – 8 minutes. I recommend checking at the 5-minute mark since all air fryers are different and may cook yours faster or slower.
Can I use gluten-free bagels?
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite gluten-free mini bagels.
Can I make it dairy-free?
Yes! You can make these air fryer bagel bites dairy-free by swapping the shredded mozzarella cheese with your favorite dairy-free alternative. There are many kinds of vegan shredded cheese.
What other types of cheese can I use?
I love mozzarella, but you can also use your favorite shredded cheese. I recommend cheddar, swiss, Mexican blend, or Italian 4 Cheese.
Can I add toppings?
Absolutely! These air fryer mini pizza bagels a very customizable. I left a long list in the section above, but you can add anything from pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, chicken sausage, banana peppers, pesto, and hot honey.
What’s the best temperature to air fry bagel bites?
For best results, air fry bagel bites at 380°F. This ensures the bottoms are crispy and the cheese melts on top. If the temperature is too high, they may burn.
How long do I air fry pizza bagel bites at 380°F?
Pizza bagel bites take about 3 to 4 minutes to air fry at 380°F.
Can I make it ahead of time?
I don’t recommend making air fryer bagel bites ahead of time because they don’t keep well. They are best served warm, straight out of the air fryer.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Italian Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- 4 plain mini bagels, cut in half
- ⅓ cup marinara, tomato, or pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella, more if desired
- Optional toppings: mini pepperonis or regular-sized ones cut in half, cooked chicken sausage, shredded chicken (cooked), cooked ground beef, pineapple, ham, peppers, mushrooms, chopped deli turkey, olives, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, etc.
- Cut your mini bagels in half, then spread a spoonful of marinara sauce on top of each bagel.
- Evenly sprinkle each bagel half with cheese.
- Add any toppings you want.
- Place the bagel halves into the air fryer basket.
- Let them cool in the air fryer basket for 1 – 2 minutes. Enjoy warm!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply