These 5-minute air fryer tortilla pizzas are cheesy, crispy, and so easy to make! They’re single-serve and made with just three ingredients. Add any toppings you want for the perfect lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack.
5 minute air fryer tortilla pizza
I love my air fryer, as I am sure you can already tell. It’s such a time saver, makes everything crispy without oil, and takes away the hassle of waiting for an oven to preheat. If you love your air fryer too, you need to try this recipe!
Air fryer tortilla pizzas are the easiest 5-minute lunch, dinner, appetizer, and snack. They are made with three ingredients, have crispy crusts, and are super cheesy. Plus, you don’t need pizza dough!
One of the best parts about air fryer tortilla pizzas is that they are personal-sized and single-serve. You can customize them with whatever toppings you want and can even make simple ingredient substitutions to make a white pizza or pesto pizza. I love adding chicken sausage, peppers, and even cooked ground beef.
Y’all are going to love this recipe! I mean, who doesn’t love pizza?! Everyone, even my picky eater friends, love these tortilla pizzas.
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe:
- Air fryer tortilla pizzas take 5 minutes to make.
- They are crispy and cheesy.
- Customize them with any toppings.
- Easily make them gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Use a flour, almond flour, corn, or gluten-free tortilla.
- The ideal lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack.
- Under 200 calories.
- No pizza dough is needed.
- They are single-serve personal pizzas.
- Try these incredibly delicious homemade air fryer pizza rolls next!
Ingredients & substitutions
These personal air fryer tortilla pizza call for 3 very simple ingredients: your favorite tortilla, pasta or pizza sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. This recipe is healthy and can be made dairy-free and gluten-free. Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared:
- Tortilla: I used an 8-inch flour tortilla, but I have tested this recipe with almond flour and corn tortillas too. Just make sure to read the FAQ section if you use an alternative tortilla (like almond flour) because the cooking time will change.
- Red Sauce: You can use your favorite pasta sauce here! I like marinara, vodka, arrabiata, or pizza sauce. You can even substitute the red sauce for alfredo to make this a white pizza or pesto (I love this 5-minute nut-free pesto recipe).
- Cheese: I used shredded mozzarella, but you can use low-fat mozzarella, sharp cheddar cheese, swiss, Mexican blend, Italian 4 Cheese, or your favorite kind.
Kitchen tools required
Here is a list of kitchen utensils you will need to make this easy air fryer tortilla pizza recipe.
- Air Fryer
- Measuring Tools: 1 Tablespoon and 1/4 cup.
How to make air fryer tortilla pizza
This is the easiest air fryer tortilla pizza recipe! They are single-serve, only take 5 minutes to make, and you can customize the pizzas with any toppings you want. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, or spray the bottom of the tortilla. Don’t skip this step; it ensures a crispy bottom.
Then, carefully place the tortilla on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce across the tortilla. I like to leave a little 1-inch border.
Then, top with shredded cheese and your desired toppings.
Finally, air fry at 400°F for 5 – 6 minutes. Then, let the pizza sit in the air fryer basket for 1 – 2 minutes before attempting to carefully remove the tortilla pizza from the air fryer with a spatula. Garnish with fresh basil, and enjoy!
Expert tips for air fryer tortilla pizza
Preheat your air fryer. This is my #1 tip for air fryer tortilla pizzas. It’s super important to preheat your air fryer and spray the basket or bottom of the tortilla with olive oil spray to ensure a crispy pizza crust. If you skip this step, the sauce will soak into the tortilla, and the crust will be soggy.
Grease your air fryer basket or tortilla bottom. Don’t forget to do this too! This is another way to ensure a super crispy crust.
Check at the 4-minute mark. All air fryers are different, so make sure to check around the 4-minute mark to ensure your tortilla pizza is not burning.
Add toppings. I love that this recipe is so customizable! You can add any toppings you want – from pepperoni to chicken sauce, to pineapple and ham, to mushrooms and onions. I left a long list in the next section.
Air fryer tortilla pizza variations
The best thing about this super easy, 5-minute air fryer tortilla pizza recipe is that you can customize it however you want! Feel free to pick any topping or flavor variation from the list below:
- Shredded chicken
- Sliced deli turkey
- Chicken or pork sausage (pre-cooked)
- Ground beef (cooked)
- Banana peppers
- Hot cherry peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hot honey: add a little drizzle after you air fry the tortilla pizza
- White pizza: swap the red sauce for alfredo sauce
- Pesto pizza: add pesto on top or swap the red sauce for pesto
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the bottom of my tortilla pizza floppy and soggy?
It’s super important to preheat your air fryer so the basket is hot. I also recommend spraying the basket or bottom of the tortilla with olive oil spray. This ensures that the bottom of the tortilla gets extra crispy, even with sauce on top. This is my #1 tip for air fryer tortilla pizzas.
Can I use an almond flour tortilla?
You can also use an almond flour tortilla for this pizza recipe. However, the cooking time will decrease. If you use an almond flour tortilla, you only need to air fry the pizza for 3 – 4 minutes.
Can I use a gluten-free tortilla?
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite gluten-free tortilla. I like almond flour, chickpea flour, and cassava flour tortillas. Again, I recommend checking at the 3 or 4-minute mark to ensure it is not burning since these tortillas are often thinner than classic flour ones.
Can I use a corn tortilla?
Yes! However, corn tortillas are typically 4 inches and much smaller than flour ones, so I recommend using two if they fit into your air fryer basket and dividing the toppings evenly.
Can I make it dairy-free?
Yes! You can make these single-serve air fryer tortilla pizzas dairy-free by swapping the shredded mozzarella cheese with your favorite dairy-free alternative. There are many kinds of vegan shredded cheese.
What other types of cheese can I use?
I love mozzarella, but you can also use your favorite shredded cheese. I recommend cheddar, swiss, Mexican blend, or Italian 4 Cheese.
Can I add toppings?
Absolutely! These air fryer tortilla pizzas a very customizable. I left a long list in the section above, but you can add anything from pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, chicken sausage, banana peppers, pesto, and hot honey.
What’s the best temperature to air fry a tortilla pizza?
For best results, air fry tortilla pizzas at 400°F, get a super crispy bottom, and the cheese melts on top. If the temperature is too low, the bottom of the pizza will be floppy.
How long do I air fry pizza at 400°F?
Tortilla pizzas take about 4 to 5 minutes to air fry at 400°F.
Can I make it ahead of time?
I don’t recommend making air fryer tortilla pizzas ahead of time because they don’t keep well. They are best served warm, straight out of the air fryer. If you meal prep them, the bottoms of the pizzas will not be crispy.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fried Parmesan Zucchini
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 flour tortilla (subsitutions in notes), I used an 8-inch one
- 3 – 4 tbsp marinara, pasta, vodka, or pizza sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella or sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: pepperoni, chicken sausage, shredded chicken (cooked), cooked ground beef, pineapple, ham, peppers, mushrooms, chopped deli turkey, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, etc.
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, drizzle of pesto, drizzle of hot honey
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Don’t skip this step, it ensures a crispy bottom.
- Carefully place the tortilla on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce across the tortilla. I like to leave a little 1-inch border.
- Top with shredded cheese and your desired toppings.
- Air fry at 400°F for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Let the pizza sit in the air fryer basket for 1 – 2 minutes before attempting to carefully remove the tortilla pizza from the air fryer with a spatula.
- Garnish with fresh basil, a drizzle of pesto or hot honey; and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply