These single-serve air fryer tortilla pizzas are cheesy, crispy, and easy to make with 3 ingredients in under 5 minutes! Use any type of tortilla and customize the toppings for the perfect lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack.
The best 5-minute air fryer tortilla pizza recipe
I love my air fryer, as you can already tell. It’s a time saver that makes everything crispy without oil and takes away the hassle of waiting for an oven to preheat. Healthful Blondie has over 100 air freyr recipes – like this Air Fryer Gnocchi, these Air Fryer Bagel Bites, and these Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs. If you love your air fryer too, try this recipe!
Air fryer tortilla pizzas are the easiest 5-minute lunch, dinner, appetizer, and snack. They are made with three ingredients, have crispy crusts, and are super cheesy. Plus, you don’t need pizza dough!
Moreover, one of the best parts about air fryer tortilla pizzas is that they are personal-sized and single-serve. You can customize them with whatever toppings you want and even make simple ingredient substitutions to make a white or pesto pizza. For example, I love adding chicken sausage, peppers, and even cooked ground beef to change things up.
I cannot wait to hear what you think of this easy air fryer recipe; I just know you are going to love it! I mean, let’s be honest, who doesn’t love pizza?! Everyone I have aasked to taste test has loved these tortilla pizzas, even my picky eater friends.
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe:
- 5-minute recipe: Air fryer tortilla pizzas take 5 minutes to make.
- Single Serve: They are personal pizzas.
- 3 Ingredients: This recipe calls for three simple ingredients!
- Cheesy & Crispy: They are extra crispy and cheesy.
- Customizable: Add any toppings you want.
- Gluten-free & Dairy-Free Option: Easily make them gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Any type of tortilla: Use flour, almond flour, corn, or gluten-free tortillas.
- Versatile: They are the ideal lunch, dinner, appetizer, or snack.
- Low-Calorie: Under 200 calories.
- No Dough: No pizza dough is needed for these air fryer pizzas.
- Try these incredibly delicious homemade air fryer pizza rolls next!
Ingredients & substitutions
This personal air fryer tortilla pizza calls for 3 straightforward ingredients: your favorite tortilla, pasta or pizza sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. This recipe is healthy and can be made dairy-free and gluten-free. Here is a list of everything you need and easy substitutions so you are prepared:
- Tortilla: I used an 8-inch flour tortilla, but I have tested this recipe with almond flour and corn tortillas. Just make sure to read the FAQ section if you use an alternative tortilla (like almond flour) because the cooking time will change.
- Red Sauce: You can use your favorite pasta sauce here! I like to use marinara, vodka, arrabbiata, or pizza sauce. Feel free to substitute the red sauce for alfredo to make this a white pizza or pesto (I love this 5-minute nut-free pesto recipe).
- Cheese: I used shredded mozzarella, but you can use low-fat mozzarella, sharp cheddar cheese, swiss, Mexican blend, Italian 4 Cheese, or your favorite kind.
How to make air fryer tortilla pizza
This is the easiest air fryer tortilla pizza recipe! It is single-serve, only takes 5 minutes to make, and you can customize the pizza with any toppings you want. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, or spray the bottom of the tortilla. Don’t skip this step; it ensures a crispy base.
Then, carefully place the tortilla on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce across the tortilla. I like to leave a little 1-inch border.
Then, top with shredded cheese and your desired toppings.
Finally, air fry at 400°F for 5 – 6 minutes. Then, let the pizza sit in the air fryer basket for 1 – 2 minutes before attempting to carefully remove the tortilla pizza from the air fryer with a spatula. Garnish with fresh basil, and enjoy!
Expert tips for homemade air fryer tortilla pizzas
- Preheat your air fryer: This is my #1 tip for air fryer tortilla pizzas. If you skip this step, the sauce will soak into the tortilla, and the crust will be soggy.
- Choose the right tortillas: Use high-quality tortillas that are not too thin. Flour tortillas work well for this purpose. You can also try whole wheat, almond flour, and corn tortillas too.
- Grease your air fryer basket: Don’t forget to do this too! This is another way to ensure a super crispy crust.
- Check at the 4-minute mark. All air fryers are different, so make sure to check around the 4-minute mark to ensure your tortilla pizza is not burning.
- Add any toppings: I love that this recipe is so customizable! You can add any toppings you want – from pepperoni to chicken sauce, to pineapple and ham, to mushrooms and onions. I left a long list in the next section.
- Don’t overload toppings: While it’s tempting to pile them on, be mindful not to overdo them. Too many toppings can make the tortilla soggy. Stick to a moderate amount of sauce, cheese, and toppings.
Air fryer tortilla pizza toppings and variations
The best thing about this super easy, 5-minute air fryer tortilla pizza recipe is that you can customize it however you want! Feel free to pick any topping or flavor variation from the list below:
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Sliced deli turkey
- Chicken or pork sausage (pre-cooked)
- Ground beef (cooked)
- Banana peppers
- Hot cherry peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Low-Carb Tortilla: there are endless low-carb tortillas in the supermarkets, so pick your favorite. I love Outer Aisle Cauliflower Crusts.
- Hot honey: add a little drizzle after you air fry the tortilla pizza
- White pizza: swap the red sauce for alfredo sauce
- Pesto pizza: add pesto on top or swap the red sauce for pesto
One of my favorite things about this easy air fryer tortilla pizza is that it goes well with so many dishes. Here is a long list of options for you and your family:
- Salad: we love this cucumber carrot salad, orzo pesto salad recipe, and this simple strawberry goat cheese salad.
- Fruit salad
- Garlic bread: if you are gluten-free, try this cheesy gluten-free garlic bread.
- Soup: there is nothing better than a cozy bowl of tomato soup, chickpea soup, pumpkin sweet potato soup, or cauliflower leek potato soup.
- Roasted vegetables: try these deliciously crispy air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, or these air fryer baby carrots – they are always a hit.
- Potato salad
- Pasta salad: our favorite is this easy chicken Caesar pasta salad.
- Dipping sauces: the sky is the limit; we love marinara, pesto, ranch, or Caesar.
- Garlic aioli
- Tzatziki sauce
- Grilled corn on the cob
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the bottom of my tortilla pizza floppy and soggy?
It’s super important to preheat your air fryer so the basket is hot. I also recommend spraying the basket or bottom of the tortilla with olive oil spray. This ensures that the bottom of the tortilla gets extra crispy, even with sauce on top. This is my #1 tip for air fryer tortilla pizzas.
Can I use an almond flour tortilla?
You can also use an almond flour tortilla for this pizza recipe. However, the cooking time will decrease. If you use an almond flour tortilla, you only need to air fry the pizza for 3 – 4 minutes.
Can I use any tortillas for this recipe?
Yes! Feel free to use your favorite kinds of tortilla. I like almond flour, chickpea flour, corn, and cassava flour tortillas. Again, I recommend checking at the 3 or 4-minute mark to ensure it is not burning since these tortillas are often thinner than classic flour ones. Also, remember that corn tortillas are typically 4 inches and much smaller than flour ones. I recommend using two if they fit into your air fryer basket and dividing the toppings evenly.
Are there any alternative bases to tortillas for air fryer pizza?
You can experiment with other bases like pita bread, naan, or even cauliflower crusts for a different twist on your air fryer pizza.
Can I make it dairy-free?
Yes! You can make these single-serve air fryer tortilla pizzas dairy-free by swapping the shredded mozzarella cheese with your favorite dairy-free alternative. There are many kinds of vegan shredded cheese.
What other types of cheese can I use?
I love mozzarella, but you can also use your favorite shredded cheese. I recommend cheddar, swiss, Mexican blend, or Italian 4 Cheese.
Can I add toppings?
Absolutely! These air fryer tortilla pizzas are very customizable. I left a long list in the section above, but you can add anything from pepperoni, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, chicken sausage, banana peppers, pesto, and hot honey.
Can I make a healthier version of air fryer tortilla pizza?
This recipe is already healthy, but you can make an even healthier version by using whole wheat tortillas, reducing the amount of cheese, and loading up on vegetables as toppings.
What’s the best temperature to air fry a tortilla pizza?
For best results, air fry tortilla pizzas at 400°F so the bottom gets super crispy and the cheese melts on top. If the temperature is too low, the bottom of the pizza will be floppy.
How long do I air fry pizza at 400°F?
Tortilla pizzas take about 4 to 5 minutes to air fry at 400°F.
Can I make air fryer tortilla pizzas ahead of time?
I don’t recommend making air fryer tortilla pizzas ahead of time because they don’t keep well. They are best enjoyed warm after coming straight out of the air fryer.
If you love this recipe, try these air fryer recipes next!
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Tortellini
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fried Parmesan Zucchini
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Gnocchi
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Best Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 flour tortilla (substitutions in notes), I used an 8-inch one
- 3 – 4 tbsp marinara, pasta, vodka, or pizza sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella or sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: pepperoni, chicken sausage, shredded chicken (cooked), cooked ground beef, pineapple, ham, peppers, mushrooms, chopped deli turkey, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, etc.
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, drizzle of pesto, drizzle of hot honey
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Don’t skip this step, it ensures a crispy bottom.
- Carefully place the tortilla on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce across the tortilla. I like to leave a little 1-inch border.
- Top with shredded cheese and your desired toppings.
- Air fry at 400°F for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Let the pizza sit in the air fryer basket for 1 – 2 minutes before attempting to carefully remove the tortilla pizza from the air fryer with a spatula.
- Garnish with fresh basil, a drizzle of pesto or hot honey; and enjoy!
I only recommend products I love and use myself. In full disclosure, I may receive a small compensation for purchasing a product I recommend. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!