Low carb cauliflower pizza bites made with 6 simple ingredients! You’ll seriously love these healthy pizza bites recipe as an appetizer or dinner side dish. They are nutritious, kid-friendly, and irresistibly delicious!
Pizza bites healthified.
Pizza bites where my jam growing up. I remember making them after school in the toaster oven and popping them like they were candy. Absolutely delicious!
I feel like cauliflower is used all the time now. I mean, it is super easy to prepare and goes with all flavor profiles. So why not covert a childhood favorite into a healthier no sugar, no processed ingredients option?!
Let me just tell you, these cauliflower pizza bites are to die for. I honestly can finish an entire batch myself…. NO GUILT! They taste like pizza but are gluten free, grain free, and vegetarian! Yes please.
The perfect healthier party, game day, or dinner appetizer!
Ingredients in low carb cauliflower pizza bites
Every single ingredient used to make low carb pizza bites was hand selected to create the most delicious appetizer possible. You are going to love these wholesome, cheesy & veggie packed pizza bites.
- Head of cauliflower
- Avocado oil, olive oil, or spray
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
All these clean ingredients make this side dish healthy, low carb, gluten free, and grain free! Enjoy these pizza bites as a party appetizer, dinner side dish, or afternoon snack! So much better than buying super processed and chemical alternatives!
Have a few ingredients that you’d prefer? Check this list for easy substitute options!
For cheese, you can really use any type of shredded cheese! The sky is the limit for cheese. I recommend trying cheddar, provolone, gouda, asiago, or Swiss cheese. All great options.
For marinara sauce, use any brand you want! You can absolutely substitute for any pasta sauce. I recommend tomato basil, arrabbiata, or vodka sauce.
For seasonings, you can use onion powder or Italian seasoning in place of the garlic powder!
Make this recipe VEGAN!
To make this recipe vegan, just substitute cheese with a dairy free cheese alternative!
Tips for crispy cauliflower
I love crispy cauliflower! Here are my secret hacks to making the best, tender, and crisp cauliflower:
- Do not skip out on the oil! Avocado or olive oil is not only a wonderful source of healthy fats; it is KEY to make these cauliflower bites crispy!
- Make sure your oven is HOT at 400 F. Oven temperature is really important to get a crisp on your roasted cauliflower!
- Flip cauliflower bites halfway through! By slipping your bites halfway through the cooking time, you are ensuring that both sides are exposed to the heat. In combination with the olive oil, you are guaranteed a crispy veggie!
How to make healthy cauliflower pizza bites
This healthy side dish recipe is so easy to make. You could probably make these with your eyes closed. I have the recipe memorized!
First, you are going to preheat your oven to 400 F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Then, prepare your cauliflower by slicing it in half, then cutting florets into bite-sized flat discs, and evenly spacing them across the lined baking sheet. Brush or spray both sides with avocado oil, season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes. Make sure to flip the cauliflower pieces halfway through, until golden and crispy.
Meanwhile, on the stovetop heat marinara sauce.
Next, once cauliflower is ready, remove the tray from the oven and place a spoonful of marinara sauce on each. Top with some shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan and place the baking sheet back in the oven on broil (500 F) for 1 – 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top with fresh basil and enjoy you delicious healthy pizza bites!
How to store healthy pizza bites
Make extra cauliflower bites? No worries, I love to save my extras in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator to 4 days. To reheat, just pop them in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
More healthy & easy appetizer recipes:
- Healthy Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Bites
- Crispy Roasted Lemon Parmesan Broccolini
- Baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, olive oil, or spray
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare your cauliflower by slicing it in half, then cutting florets into bite-sized flat discs.
- Evenly space out cauliflower discs across the lined baking sheet and brush or spray both sides with avocado oil.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flipping cauliflower pieces halfway through, until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, on the stovetop heat marinara sauce.
- Once cauliflower is ready, remove from oven and place a spoonful of marinara sauce on each. Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place baking sheet back in the oven on broil (500 F) for 1 - 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply