06 Apr Healthy Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
Healthy chickpea blondies that are vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free! This sweet treat is perfect for all occasions and is a family favorite. Made with almond flour, almond butter, and maple syrup, this healthy dessert is a must bake! It is kid-friendly and super simple to make.
The most delicious healthy blondie recipe EVER
I mean I do call myself Healthful BLONDIE for a couple of reasons….
This blondie recipe is out of this world tasty! It is so good that I usually have to bake two batches so that they all don’t disappear on the first day.
I love enjoying this scrumptious vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free dessert after dinner and even as an afternoon snack sometimes (shhhhh)! I like to add a scoop of ice cream to elevate this dessert even more.
The texture is truly divine — melt in your mouth divine!
So what’s the big hype around baking with chickpeas these days?
I love baking with chickpeas. You’ll see very soon. They create a very soft, fudgy texture. And, best of all, you CANNOT even taste them. I promise. I refuse to eat desserts that taste like vegetables or have no sweetness to them. If you are going to enjoy a sweet treat, do it right!
Ingredients you’ll need to make the BEST healthy blondies
You’ll need a few ingredients to get this recipe going! But you know me, I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive baking ingredients. This lists is really simple:
- Canned chickpeas
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut flour – you can easily substitute this with almond flour as well!
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
How to store this delicious treat?
These blondies are a family favorite and do not last more than a few days! But, for best results, store in a covered container for 3 -5 days at room temperature. You may freeze up to 2 months.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!Print
Healthy chickpea blondies that are vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free! This sweet treat is perfect for all occasions and is a family favorite.
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas
- 6 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar *
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour **
- 4 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and lightly grease or line an 8” x 8” tin with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas under COLD water for at least 30 seconds. Gently pat dry.
- Add all ingredients – except the chocolate chips – into a food processor. Blend until completely smooth (somewhere between 30-45 seconds).
- Remove blade and hand fold in a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread the batter into greased tin. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
* SUGAR OPTIONS: I love to bake with coconut sugar. However, if you do not have it in your pantry, you can substitute 1:1 with light brown sugar.
** FLOUR OPTIONS: If you do not have coconut flour, you can substitute with another tablespoon of almond flour.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy blondies, chickpea blondies, healthy dessert, gluten-free dessert, vegan dessert, vegan blondies, dairy-free dessert
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!