Grain-free sweet potato peanut butter blondies that are healthy, vegan, and gluten-free! These gooey and fudgy blondies call for 9 simple ingredients and are super easy to make. The perfect healthy treat.
The Best Ever Gooey Sweet potato Peanut Butter Blondies
These gooey sweet potato blondies are everything you look for in a perfect blondie: soft, gooey, fudgy, and sweet. They are outrageously delicious & only lasted a day in my house!
Who would have thought that sweet potatoes would make for the best blondie base, They made these peanut butter blondies soft and incredibly fudgy without adding any butter!
Easy to say, this grain-free blondies are going to be your new go-to dessert. The center is dense, slightly underdone, making every bit melt in your mouth. Seriously irresistible.
There are no eggs, no dairy, no butter, and no refined sugars – making this blondie recipe almost too good to be true!
Your kids will love them; plus they are perfect for healthy indeviduals, athletes, and fitness lovers!
How I Made These peanut butter blondies healthier:
These fudgy and gooey vegan blondies are clean, nutritious, and incredibly tasty! There are absolutely no preservatives or random ingredients in this recipe! Here are four ways that I made these blondies more nutritious and health-friendly without taking away from the taste!
- I used sweet potatoes as the base making these blondies rich in vitamin A and fiber!
- I used coconut flour making these fudgy blondies gluten-free and grain-free!
- Used maple syrup instead of refined sugar. By using this type of natural sweetener, I am removing all refined sugars!
- I used peanut butter to make these blondies vegan and also super gooey! Full of healthy fats.
Ingredients in vegan sweet potato blondies
You’ll only need nine simple ingredients to get this easy dessert recipe going! You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already. For this grain-free, vegan blondie recipe, you’ll need some maple syrup, peanut butter, and, of course, sweet potatoes!
- Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips (I love using Lily’s Dark Chocoalte Chips here)
Easy Ingredient Substitutions
You guys probably know by now that I love simple and easy recipes! If you find yourself missing an ingredient or two, try these! I recommend substituting no more than 1-2 ingredients.
Peanut Butter – Although I LOVE peanut butter in this recipe, you can swap 1 for 1 with any nut butter!
Maple Syrup – Try using your favorite liquid sweetener here. Honey or monk fruit will work!
Looking for other tasty dessert recipes? Check these out!
What You’ll Need to Make Grain Free sweet potato blondies
For this easy vegan recipe, you’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools making the clean up super easy! Plus you only need a few things to get you going, including a mixing bowl and an oven. This healthy dessert recipe could not be any simpler!
- 8×8 Baking Tin
- Parchment paper
- One large mixing bowl
- One Small Pot
- Cutting board & knife
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring tools: 1/4 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 Tablespoon, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make grain free peanut butter sweet potato blondies
This recipe is so simple and really easy to make. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in less than 45 minutes! And all you need is brownie tin, parchment paper, a mixing bowl, and an oven.
Here, I’ll walk you through the steps to make these delicious, healthy peanut butter blondies!
To start, preheat your oven to 350F and lightly grease or line an 8” x 8” tin with parchment paper. I like to line and grease my pan by cutting a little piece of parchment paper, placing it into the bottom of the pan, and spraying it with nonstick spray. This will make it so easy to take your healthy brownies out of the pan.
Next, bring a pot of water to a boil on the stovetop and add in your peeled sweet potatoes. Cook for around 10 – 12 minutes or until they are fork tender.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined and then add in your sweet potato mash.
After that, mix in the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. And then hand fold in chocolate chips with a spatula; saving a few to sprinkle on top.
Evenly spread the batter into the greased tin, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool before serving, and enjoy your peanut butter sweet potato blondies!
I highly recommend storing them in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 -6 days.
How to Store Extra fudgy sweet potato blondies
Make extra gooey sweet potato blondies? No worries, I love to save my extra in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days or in the fridge for 5 – 6 days!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Grain-Free Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato, 1-2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease and line an 8” x 8” tin with parchment paper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stovetop.
- Peel, cut sweet potatoes in quarters, and add to boiling water. Cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Remove sweet potatoes from boiling water, drain, and mash with a fork. Mesure 1 cup and combine with mixing bowl with peanut butter.
- Add in coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Hand fold in chocolate chips with spatula; saving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Evenly spread the batter into the greased tin. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving, and enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!