Super fudgy healthy s’mores brownies made with cute mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and almond flour. This healthier brownie recipe is the perfect twist on a Summer classic and only takes 20 minutes to bake! Made dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and refined sugar free.
The Best Dairy Free Brownies
S’mores remind me of Summer, good times, and happy memories! As a kid, I remember begging my parents to get the fire pit in the backyard going so my friends and I could make s’mores. We would sit out there for hours, laughing, smiling, and eating endless melty marshmallows.
But, I have to say my favorite dessert now is definitely a brownie. So what better way to bring all those happy Summertime memories back with a S’MORES BROWNIE! These bad boys are soft, dense, fudgy, and insanely delicious.
This easy dessert recipe only takes 5 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of baking time, which means that these mouth-watering brownies are ready in 20 minutes. So are you ready to baking!? Prepare to lick your spatula.
What makes these marshmallow brownies healthier?
I love making baked goods that taste delicious with good-for-you ingredients! And these s’mores brownies are as clean and nutritious as they can be without taking away from the chocolate fudgy taste. You only need a few very simple ingredients, all of which are healthier alternatives to what you’ll find in store-bought brands. There are no preservatives, no refined sugars, and random ingredients!
- I used almond flour which is full of vitamins and low carb. It also makes these s’mores brownies gluten free and grain free.
- Used maple syrup and coconut sugar instead of refined sugar. By using this type of healthier natural sweetener, I am removing all refined sugars, and sweetening these brownies naturally!
- I used coconut oil to make these brownies dairy free. Plus, coconut oil is a healthy fat.
Ingredients in Dairy Free Brownies
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy dessert recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. Here are the 11 ingredients you need to make these s’mores brownies:
- Eggs: First up, you’re going to need 2 eggs for this recipe.
- Coconut oil: 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil is used to make these brownies fudgy and dairy free.
- Coconut sugar: Next, you’ll need 1/2 cup of coconut sugar instead of regular sugar.
- Maple syrup: You’ll just need 1/3 cup of maple syrup for some extra natural sweetness.
- Vanilla extract: A dash of vanilla goes a long way! You’ll need 1 and 1/2 teaspoons.
- Almond flour: Instead of regular flour, we’ll be using 1 cup of almond flour.
- Cocoa powder: For the chocolate flavor and look, we need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Salt: Next, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Chocolate chips: For the s’more topping, you’ll add 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. My favorite brand is Lily’s Chocolate Chips which are sweetened with stevia.
- Graham crackers: And you’ll also need 2 or 3 graham crackers for some extra crunch.
- Mini marshmallows: Finally, and most importantly, you’ll need a 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows. You. can use regular ones or vegan ones! If you only have regular sized marshmallows, just cut them up!
Kitchen tools used
S’mores brownies are made using 5 tools and items. You are going to love how easy clean up is going to be! Here’s a quick list of what you’ll need for this healthy brownie recipe:
- 8×8 Baking Tin
- Parchment paper
- One large mixing bowl
- Stirring utensil
- Measuring cups: 1 teaspoon, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to Make Healthy S’mores Brownies
Healthy s’more brownies are incredibly easy to make! All you need to do is mix the brownie ingredient together in a bowl and bake them! You’ll add the s’more toppings at the very end to toast the marshmallows and melt the chocolate. Here, I’ll walk you through the steps of how to make this healthy brownie recipe.
First, preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease and line an 8” x 8” tin with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Then, add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
Next, hand fold in chocolate chips and evenly spread the batter into the greased tin.
Bake for 14 – 16 minutes. Then, remove pan from oven and sprinkle the mini marshmallows, crumbled graham crackers, and extra chocolate chips on top.
Turn the broiler on low and place the brownies back into the oven for 1 – 2 minutes, until the marshmallows are toasted. Watch very carefully so they do not burn. Smudge the warm and melty marshmallows right out of the oven or leave them whole.
Let cool & enjoy your decadent healthy s’mores brownies!
Easy Ingredient Substitutions
I love simple and easy recipes! If you are missing an ingredient or two, here is a list of the very best substitutions for this fudgy dairy free brownie recipe!
- Mini Marshmallow: Simply use regular sized marshmallow and cut them up into little pieces.
- Maple Syrup: You can try using any liquid liquid sweetener here like agave syrup. I have not tested it, but it should work perfectly!
- Graham Crackers: You can substitute the graham crackers for crushed up cookies, vanilla wafers, biscuits, or even pretzels. The sky is the limit!
- Coconut Oil: You can try to substitute the coconut oil with melted unsalted butter 1:1 ratio. Again, I have not tested this in this recipe, but in my other recipes it works great!
- Coconut Sugar: Swap the coconut sugar easily with light brown sugar.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have extra s’mores brownies, no worries! Simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 – 3 days. I do not reccomened freezing this healthy brownie recipe.
If you want to reheat them, simply pop them in the microwave for 15 – 20 seconds!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Looking for other healthy dessert recipes? Check these out!
Need some more healthier dessert recipes? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie sweet treats to try out….
Healthy S'mores Brownies
- 2 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour, packed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 2 - 3 graham crackers
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Extra chocolate squares or chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease and line an 8” x 8” tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Hand fold in chocolate chips and evenly spread the batter into the greased tin.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle the mini marshmallows, crumbled graham crackers, and extra chocolate chips on top.
- Turn the broiler on low and place the brownies back into the oven for 1 - 2 minutes, until the marshmallows are toasted. Watch very carefully so they do not burn. Smudge the warm and melty marshmallows right out of the oven or leave them whole.
- Let cool & enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!