These 5-minute air fryer s’mores are the best classic summer dessert made indoors! The marshmallows as golden brown, the chocolate is gooey, and the graham crackers are perfectly crisp.
The best air fryer s’mores made indoors
S’mores are a Summertime classic that brings me back to my childhood. I just love them! However, they can be a hassle to make since you need a campfire or grill. That’s why I am so excited to share this air-fried s’mores recipe that you can make indoors. No fire is needed!
I remember being so excited to roast marshmallows with my siblings on hot summer nights after a long day in the sun. They are the perfect, warm-weather treat. Now, with this easy recipe, you can enjoy s’mores all year long!
These air fryer marshmallows are perfectly golden and crisp; you can’t tell the difference between an air-fried one and a roasted one. In combination with the warm, melted chocolate and the crispy graham cracker, this recipe is a must-try!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Air fryer s’mores are ready in 5 minutes.
- No fire or flames are needed to cook the marshmallows.
- Easy dessert all year long.
- Only 3 ingredients.
- It can be made gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
- An easy dessert for kids.
- Super customizable with tons of flavor variations – just keep reading below.
- Try these air fryer apples for another delicious and easy air fried dessert!
You only need three ingredients for these homemade air fryer s’mores: graham crackers, marshmallows, and your favorite chocolate. Here is a list of ingredients, so you have everything prepared:
- Graham Crackers: First up, your favorite brand of graham crackers – you can use regular ones or gluten-free ones. We’ll break them in half to make three s’mores.
- Marshmallows: You’ll need jumbo or regular-sized marshmallows for this indoor s’mores recipe. Once air-fried, the marshmallows are gooey on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Chocolate: Finally, grab your favorite chocolate. I love dark chocolate!
Air fryer s’mores variations
This s’mores recipe is super customizable. Feel free to mix it up and add any of the following ingredients:
- Peanut Butter: Add a spoonful of peanut butter along with the chocolate after the marshmallows are cooked.
- Cookie Butter: Or add a spoonful of cookie butter.
- Strawberry: Add a few slices of fresh strawberry when making your s’mores sandwich. I love the chocolate, marshmallow, and strawberry combination.
- Salted Caramel: If you are a salted caramel fan, you need to try adding a little to your s’more sandwich! Add it after you air fry them.
- Nutella: If you prefer Nutella, swap out the chocolate square for a spoonful of Nutella.
- Oreo Cookie: I also love adding an oreo in place of the chocolate.
How to make air fryer s’mores
This is the easiest s’mores recipe – you do not need a campfire and they are made indoors in an air fryer! Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect air fryer s’more:
First, Preheat your air fryer to 380°F.
Then, Break the graham crackers in half and place six squares in the air fryer basket.
After that, cut the marshmallows in half and place 2 halves, cut side (sticky side) down on each graham cracker. Important! Lightly press down, so they stick to the graham crackers and do not fall off during cooking.
Air fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the marshmallows are golden and toasted to your liking. I would check at the 2-minute mark; all air fryers are different.
Finally, Immediately top each marshmallow with a square of chocolate and the other air fry toasted graham cracker half. Gently press down so the chocolate melts. Enjoy immediately!
Expert recipe tips
I’ve been called the air fryer master, so here are my top recipe tips for air frying s’mores:
Preheat your air fryer. This ensures the marshmallows will get golden brown and gooey on the inside.
Tear your marshmallows in half. Then place them cut side down on the graham cracker. This ensures that the marshmallows stick to the cracker when air frying and do not fall off.
Do not add the chocolate until after you are done air frying. No one likes burnt chocolate, so make sure that you add the chocolate after the marshmallows and graham crackers are done air frying.
Add extra toppings after air frying. Similar to my third tip, make sure you add any spread of extra topping after you air fry the s’mores.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the marshmallows get golden brown?
Yes, air-fried marshmallows get golden brown and crisp on the outside and are gooey inside. Air frying marshmallows is the best indoor cooking method to get the perfect “roasted” marshmallow.
Can I make it single serve?
Yes! Feel free to use 1 graham cracker, 1 marshmallow, and 1 piece of chocolate to make this recipe single serve.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes! Feel free to use make as many s’mores are your air fryer will fit without anything overlapping. You may need to cook them in two batches.
What are the best graham crackers for s’mores?
Any graham cracker brand will work for this recipe. You can use a regular honey graham version or a gluten-free one if needed.
Can I make them gluten free?
Make these air fryer s’more gluten free by using your favorite gluten-free graham cracker. I love this brand.
Can I make them vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using dairy-free, vegan marshmallows and your favorite dairy-free chocolate.
Do air fryer s’mores keep well?
Air fryer s’mores are best enjoyed within 5 – 10 minutes of making them. I do not recommend storing leftovers. Feel free to reduce the serving by a third to make it single serve.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer S’mores
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F.
- Break the graham crackers in half and place six squares in the air fryer basket.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place 2 halves, cut side (sticky side) down on each graham cracker. Important! Lightly press down, so they stick to the graham crackers and do not fall off during cooking.
- Air fry for 3 – 4 minutes until the marshmallows are golden and toasted to your liking. I would check at the 2-minute mark; all air fryers are different.
- Immediately top each marshmallow with a square of chocolate and the other air fry toasted graham cracker half. Gently press down so the chocolate melts.
- Enjoy immediately!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!