These 4-ingredient air fryer banana chips are soft on the inside with caramelized, crispy edges. They’re naturally sweet, refined-sugar-free, vegan, and healthy. Add them on top of pancakes, in your oatmeal bowls, or enjoy them as a snack and dessert.
Homemade single-serve air fryer banana chips
Say hello to your new favorite air fryer recipe! Because, holy moly, I am addicted to these banana chips. I love air-frying fruit. In fact, these air fryer apples and air fryer pears are ranked #1 on Google.
These air fryer banana chips are warm, sweet, and have the best banana cinnamon taste. Not to mention that they are incredibly tender and soft on the inside but crisp, and caramelized on the outside. The best of both worlds!
Needless to say, you can enjoy banana chips in so many ways. Personally, I love adding mine on top of banana pancakes or adding them to my yogurt and oatmeal bowls in the mornings. But when I am just craving them, I eat them plain as a little afternoon snack or late-night dessert.
Everyone will love them – I promise! Even picky eaters and kids.
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe:
- Air fryer banana chips are caramelized and with crisp edges.
- The centers are soft and warm.
- Easy to make in under 15 minutes.
- They are vegan and gluten-free.
- A healthy breakfast, snack, and dessert.
- Add them to your pancakes, french toast, and oatmeal bowls.
- Kids will love them.
- Taste like a fried banana, but this recipe is healthy.
- Try these air fryer apples that are ranked #1 on Google next!
Ingredients needed & substitutions
You only need four ingredients to make these insanely delicious homemade banana chips! I love adding mine on top of pancakes, into my oatmeal or yogurt bowls, and even eating them on their own. Here is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Banana: First up, you’ll need a firm and greenish banana. When we cook the banana rounds in the air fryer, the heat releases their natural sugars and makes them soft and tender on the inside! There is no starchy taste, I promise.
- Coconut Oil: You’ll only need 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to help these banana chips crisp up on the outside. Alternatively, you can use spray avocado or olive oil.
- Cinnamon: I just love the taste of cinnamon and banana.
- Salt: A pinch of salt give these air-fried banana chips the perfect sweet and salty combination.
Kitchen tools need
You’ll need a few different kitchen tools. Here is a list so you are prepared and ready to cook!
How to make air fryer banana chips
These air fryer banana chips are sweet and tender on the inside but super crispy on the outside. And they’re single-serve, which makes them perfect for a quick breakfast addition, snack, or dessert. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so any level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are in the recipe card’s bottom of this page.
First, preheat your air fryer to 350°F and spray the basket with olive oil or nonstick spray.
Next, peel and cut the banana cut into thin ¼ inch rounds. After that, add the banana slices into a bowl and toss with the melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt.
Evenly space out the slices into the heated basket, ensuring they do not overlap.
Finally, air fry for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Then increase the temperature to 360°F and air fry for an additional 1 – 2 minutes until golden and crispy.
Remove the chips from the air fryer basket and let them “cool” for 3 – 5 minutes on a plate. They may seem soft at first but will firm after resting. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are they healthy?
Yes, homemade banana chips are healthy since they are only made with four simple ingredients. First, there is no added sugar; air fryer banana chips are naturally sweet. Second, they are vegan. Third, they are paleo, dairy-free and gluten-free.
What can I use instead of coconut oil?
You can use melted butter, vegan butter, olive oil, olive oil spray, or avocado oil spray if you do not want to use coconut oil.
Can I double or triple the recipe?
Yes, you can double or triple this recipe. Just make sure that the banana chips don’t overlap in your air fryer (this is important)! If so, cook them in multiple batches.
How to enjoy banana chips?
The sky is the limit! I love adding my air fryer banana chips to my oatmeal or yogurt bowls in the morning and topping my pancakes or french toast with them. You can also enjoy them on their own with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, whipped cream, or yogurt for dipping. I love adding mine to these 3 ingredient pancakes or these chunky monkey banana pancakes.
Is this recipe vegan?
Yes! Banana chips are vegan since there is no butter in this recipe.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! This air fryer banana chips recipe is gluten-free.
Can I store leftovers?
I recommend enjoying air fryer banana chips within 10 minutes of making them. They are best when warm, but if you have extras, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and warm them in the microwave or air fryer at 250°F when you are ready to enjoy them.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Banana Chips
- 1 firm medium banana, slightly green
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil*
- ¼ – ½ tsp cinnamon, based on your preference
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and spray the basket with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Peel and cut the banana cut into thin ¼ inch rounds.
- Add the banana slices into a bowl and toss with the melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt.
- Evenly space out the slices into the heated basket, ensuring they do not overlap. If you are doubling the recipe, make sure there is enough space for all the banana slices in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Then increase the temperature to 360°F and air fry for an additional 1 – 2 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove the chips from the air fryer basket and let “cool” on a plate for 3 – 5 minutes. They may seem soft at first but will firm after resting.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!