The best air fryer banana chips that are naturally sweet and healthy. Made with 4 ingredients, banana chips are great on top of pancakes, in oatmeal bowls, or just plain. They’re seriously addictive!
Single serve air fryer banana chips
Say hello to your new favorite air fryer recipe!! Because holy moly, I am addicted to these banana chips.
They are warm, sweet, and have the best banana cinnamon taste. Not to mention that they are incredibly tender and soft on the inside but crisp on the outside. The best of both worlds!
Needless to say, you can enjoy banana chips in so many ways. Personally, I love adding mine on top of banana pancakes or adding them to my yogurt and oatmeal bowls in the mornings. But when I am just craving them, I eat them plain as a little afternoon snack or late-night dessert.
Everyone will love them – I promise!
Are they healthy?
Yes, homemade banana chips are healthy since they are only made with four simple ingredients. First, there is no added sugar; air fryer banana chips are naturally sweet. Second, they are vegan. Third, they are paleo, dairy-free and gluten-free.
Ingredients in banana chips
You only need four ingredients to make these insanely delicious homemade banana chips! I love adding mine on top of pancakes, into my oatmeal or yogurt bowls, and even eating them on their own. Here is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Banana: First up, you’ll need a firm and green-ish banana. When we cook the banana rounds in the air fryer, the heat releases their natural sugars and makes them soft and tender on the inside! There is no starchy taste; promise.
- Coconut Oil: You’ll only need 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to help these banana chips crisp up on the outside. Alternatively, you can use spray avocado or olive oil.
- Cinnamon: I just love the taste of cinnamon and banana.
- Salt: A pinch of salt give these air fried banana chips the perfect sweet and salty combination.
Kitchen tools need
YoYou’lleed a few different kitchen tools. Here is a list so you are prepared and ready to cook!
How to make banana chips in the air fryer
These air fried banana chips are sweet and tender on the inside but super crispy on the outside. And they’re single serve, which makes them perfect for a quick breakfast addition, snack, or dessert. Here are step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: First, preheat your air fryer to 350°F and spray the basket with olive oil or nonstick spray.
Step 2: Next, peel and cut the banana cut into thin ¼ inch rounds. After that, add the banana slices into a bowl and toss with the melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt.
Step 3: Evenly space out the slices into the heated basket, ensuring they do not overlap.
Step 4: Finally, air fry for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Then increase the temperature to 360°F and air fry for an additional 1 – 2 minutes until golden and crispy.
Remove the chips from the air fryer basket and let “cool” for 3 – 5 minutes on a plate. They may seem soft at first but will firm after resting. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I double or triple the recipe?
Yes, you can double or triple this recipe. Just make sure that the banana chips don’t overlap in your air fryer (this is important)! If so, cook them in multiple batches.
How to enjoy banana chips?
The sky is the limit! I love adding my air fryer banana chips to my oatmeal or yogurt bowls in the morning and topping my pancakes or french toast with them. You can also enjoy them on their own with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, whipped cream, or yogurt for dipping.
Are they vegan?
Yes! Banana chips are vegan since there is no butter in this recipe.
Are they gluten free?
Yes! There is no gluten in this recipe.
Try these banana recipes next!
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oat Pancakes
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Banana Peach Protein Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Banana Chips
- 1 firm medium banana, slightly green
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil *
- ¼ - ½ tsp cinnamon, based on your preference
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and spray the basket with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Peel and cut the banana cut into thin ¼ inch rounds.
- Add the banana slices into a bowl and toss with the melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt.
- Evenly space out the slices into the heated basket, ensuring they do not overlap. If you are doubling the recipe, make sure there is enough space for all the banana slices in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Then increase the temperature to 360°F and air fry for an additional 1 - 2 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove the chips from the air fryer basket and let “cool” on a plate for 3 - 5 minutes. They may seem soft at first but will firm after resting.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!