This sweet caramelized air fryer pineapple is juicy, made with 3 ingredients, and coated in a maple cinnamon glaze. Serve it with ice cream for dessert or with oatmeal for breakfast—an easy, healthy, and vegan recipe.
The best caramelized pineapple
You all loved my air fryer apples so much that I’m back with another variation! If you love baked pineapple, you will love this air fryer pineapple. It’s so delicious! The pineapple is tender, juicy, and caramelized in a maple cinnamon glaze.
This caramelized air fryer pineapple is oil-free, super addictive, and made vegan, gluten-free, and healthy! It’s so good that we make this recipe at least once a week.
One of the best parts about this air fryer pineapple recipe is that you can enjoy it in many different ways. I love it as a dessert with ice cream or whipped cream, but you can also serve it as a side dish with turkey burgers or BBQ chicken. Sometimes, I even add caramelized pineapple to my oatmeal and yogurt bowls.
This recipe only calls for 3 ingredients and is made in your air fryer. That means that clean-up will be easy, you don’t need a grill, and it’s a quick and easy healthy dessert option for everyone!
Why you’ll love this air fryer recipe
- Quick & Easy: ready in under 15 minutes
- Flavorful: super juicy and tender pineapple chunks glazed in a maple cinnamon sauce
- 3 Ingredients: this recipe only calls for three ingredients
- No Oil: there is NO OIL in this recipe
- Healthy: made with simple ingredients and refined sugar-free
- Vegan: this caramelized pineapple is vegan – no butter!
- Dessert: serve it with ice cream or whipped cream…. so good!
- Breakfast: air fryer pineapple is a great addition to your breakfast yogurt or oatmeal bowl
- Air Fryer Fruit: Check out these air fryer apples and these air fryer peaches for another flavorful recipe!
Ingredients and substitutions
This recipe calls for three simple and healthy ingredients. You’ll need fresh pineapple, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon. Here is a list of all the ingredients, so you are prepared:
- Pineapple: You need 1 large pineapple for this recipe. You’ll need to peel, core, and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Once air fried, the pineapple chucks are super juicy and tender. You can also use canned or frozen pineapple. I left instructions below.
- Maple Syrup: I love baking with maple syrup because it’s a refined sugar-free, natural sweetener. Most grilled and baked pineapple recipes call for brown sugar, but we use maple syrup instead to make it healthier. You can also use honey or brown sugar.
- Cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon to bring out a ton of flavor and sweetness from the caramelized pineapple.
How to make caramelized air fryer pineapple
This tender maple-glazed air fryer pineapple is so easy to make! You only need three ingredients and your air fryer. Here are step-by-step directions:
First, preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
Then, add the pineapple pieces into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and cinnamon.
Next, add the glazed pineapple chunks to the heated air fryer basket. Make sure they don’t overlap too much, or else they will not cook properly. A little overlap is ok.
Air fry for 12 – 16 minutes, shaking halfway through. The pineapple should be golden, juicy, and tender on the inside.
Finally, remove the pineapple pieces from the air fryer and drizzle with an extra tablespoon of maple syrup.
Enjoy warm on their own as a diner side, in oatmeal for breakfast, or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Expert recipe tips
- Cut the pineapple into same-sized pieces. This ensures even cooking.
- Coat your pineapple pieces well. Make sure you mix and coat your pineapple chunks in the maple glaze so that they cook evenly when air fried. If not, some pieces may be dry.
- Spray the air fryer basket before using it. Grease your air fryer basket or lay down a piece of parchment paper so the pineapple doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Don’t allow a lot of overlap in the air fryer basket. A little overlap is ok, but do not layer your pineapple chunks on top of each other in the air fryer, or else they will not cook properly and will not get caramelized. If you have a small air fryer, air fry in batches!
- Add extra maple syrup if needed. If you picked a large pineapple, don’t be afraid to add a little extra maple syrup to glaze all the pieces.
- Use pre-cut or canned pineapple. If you are short on time, you can cut up pre-cut pineapple or even canned pineapple. Just read the instructions in the recipe notes below!
- Use frozen pineapple. If you want, you can use frozen pineapple chunks too. DO NOT thaw them. Just glaze the frozen pieces of pineapple and air fry them.
This recipe works as a breakfast, snack, side dish, and dessert! I love enjoying mine with ice cream as a healthy dessert, but you can serve air fryer pineapple in many ways.
Enjoy air fryer pineapple for breakfast on top of a yogurt granola bowl, oatmeal bowl, yogurt toast, or on its own.
As a side dish:
Serve as a simple dessert with vanilla ice cream, yogurt, or whipped cream!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use canned pineapple?
I highly recommend using fresh pineapple, but canned pineapple works too. The only difference is that the air fry time will decrease since canned pineapple is usually softer. Start with 8 – 12 minutes, check to see how they are cooking, and add more time if needed.
Can I use frozen pineapple for this recipe?
While fresh pineapple is recommended, you can use frozen pineapple. Do not thaw the frozen pineapple chunks; remember that the texture will be a little softer.
Is pineapple gluten-free?
Yes, pineapple is naturally gluten-free.
Can I use honey instead of maple syrup?
Yes, you can substitute honey for maple syrup if you prefer. If you are vegan, don’t use honey.
What’s the best way to core a fresh pineapple?
To core a fresh pineapple, first cut off the crown and base. Then, stand the pineapple upright and carefully slice off the skin in strips from top to bottom. Next, use a circular motion with a sharp knife to remove the core from each slice. Finally, cut the pineapple into cubes.
Can I enjoy it for breakfast?
I love enjoying air fryer pineapple for breakfast! Simply add it to your oatmeal bowl or yogurt bowl, on top of toast, or enjoy it on its own.
Can I bake them if I don’t have an air fryer?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake this maple-glazed pineapple at 400°F for 10 – 15 minutes.
How do I know if the pineapple is done cooking in the air fryer?
Pineapple is golden, juicy, and tender when cooked properly. You can do a quick taste test to ensure it’s cooked to your liking. If it’s still firm, you can continue cooking for a few more minutes.
What makes this recipe healthy?
This recipe is healthy for a few reasons. First, it only calls for 3 simple and wholesome ingredients: pineapple, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Second, there is no added refined sugar; these air-fried pineapple pieces are naturally sweet. Third, there is no flour making this recipe gluten-free. Fourth, these air fryer apples are dairy-free, paleo, and vegan!
Can you freeze fresh pineapple?
Yes, you can freeze fresh pineapple. Simply peel, core, and cut the pineapple into chunks, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag before freezing for up to six months.
How long is pineapple good for?
If stored correctly in an airtight container in the fridge, freshly cut pineapple is good for 5 – 7 days. You can tell if the pineapple has gone bad, if there is a weird smell, or if mold appears.
How to store and reheat air fryer pineapple:
Storing: Store leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: You can reheat in the oven or toaster oven at 350ºF for about 8 – 12 minutes, in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 – 7 minutes, or in the microwave for 1 minute.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Caramelized Air Fryer Pineapple
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple cubes, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and the cinnamon. Toss gently to coat the pineapple evenly.
- Place the coated pineapple cubes into the preheated air fryer basket. Make sure they don’t overlap too much, or else they will not cook properly. A little overlap is ok.
- Air fry the pineapple for 12 – 16 minutes, pausing at the halfway mark to give the basket a shake. They should be golden, juicy, and tender on the inside.
- Once done, carefully remove the pineapple from the air fryer and drizzle the remaining tablespoon of maple syrup over the top.
- Serve the warm maple cinnamon pineapple on its own, or pair it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I love and use myself. In full disclosure, I may receive a small compensation by purchasing a product I recommend. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!