This 3 ingredients caramelized air fryer pineapple is juicy, warm, and coated in a maple cinnamon glaze. Serve it with ice cream for a dessert or on its own for a dinner side!
Easy caramelized air fryer pineapple
If you love baked pineapple, you are going to love this air fryer pineapple. It’s so delicious! The pineapple is tender, juicy, and caramelized in a maple cinnamon glaze.
Plus, this air fryer pineapple is oil-free, super addictive, and made vegan, gluten-free, and healthy! It’s so good that we make this recipe at least once a week.
One of the best parts about this air fryer pineapple recipe is that you can enjoy it in so many different ways. I love it as a dessert with ice cream, but you can also serve it as a side dish for turkey burgers or BBQ chicken.
Anyways, this recipe only calls for 3 ingredients and is made in your air fryer. Clean-up will be easy, and you don’t need a grill.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Juicy and tender pineapple chunks glazed in a maple cinnamon sauce.
- Air fried pineapple is quick and easy to make.
- This recipe only calls for 3 ingredients, and there is NO OIL!
- It’s healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
- Serve it with ice cream as a dessert, or enjoy it on its own as a dinner side.
- A great addition to your breakfast yogurt or oatmeal bowl.
- Check out these air fryer apples for another flavorful recipe!
Ingredients and substitutions
This recipe calls for three simple and healthy ingredients. You’ll need fresh pineapple, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon. Here is a list of all the ingredients, so you are prepared:
- Pineapple: You need 1 large pineapple for this recipe. You’ll need to peel, core, and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Once air fried, the pineapple chucks are super juicy and tender.
- Maple Syrup: I love baking with maple syrup because it’s a refined sugar-free, natural sweetener. Most grilled and baked pineapple recipes call for brown sugar, but we use maple syrup instead to make it healthier. You can also use honey or brown sugar.
- Cinnamon: A dash of cinnamon to bring out a ton of flavor and sweetness from the caramelized pineapple.
Kitchen tools required
You only need a few kitchen utensils to make air-fried pineapple chunks. Of course, you’ll need an air fryer, but here is a list of the rest:
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring Tools: 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make air fryer pineapple
This tender maple-glazed air fryer pineapple is so easy to make! You only need three ingredients and your air fryer. Here are step-by-step directions:
First, preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
Then, add the pineapple pieces into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and cinnamon.
Next, add the glazed pineapple chunks to the heated air fryer basket. Make sure they don’t overlap too much, or else they will not cook properly. A little overlap is ok.
Air fry for 12 – 16 minutes, shaking halfway through. The pineapple should be golden, juicy, and tender on the inside.
Finally, remove the pineapple pieces from the air fryer and drizzle with an extra tablespoon of maple syrup.
Enjoy warm on their own as a diner side, in oatmeal for breakfast, or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
How to air fry pineapple rings and spears:
This recipe also works if you want to air fryer pineapple spears or rings rather than chunks. Simply follow the same instructions.
- If you are air frying pineapple rings, the cook time will be the same or decrease slightly; however, check at the 10-minute mark and assess.
- If you are air frying pineapple spears, the cook time may increase since the pineapple pieces are larger; check at the 14-minute mark and add more time if needed.
Expert tips for air fryer pineapple
- Coat your pineapple pieces well. Make sure you mix and coat your pineapple chunks in the maple glaze so that they cook evenly when air fried. If not, some pieces may be dry.
- Spray the air fryer basket before using. Grease your air fryer basket or lay down a piece of parchment paper so the pineapple doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Don’t allow a lot of overlap in the air fryer basket. A little overlap is ok, but do not layer your pineapple chunks on top of each other in the air fryer, or else they will not cook properly and will not get caramelized. If you have a small air fryer, air fry in batches!
- Add extra maple syrup if needed. If you picked a large pineapple, don’t be afraid to add a little extra maple syrup to glaze all the pieces.
- Use pre-cut or canned pineapple. If you are short on time, you can cut up pre-cut pineapple or even canned pineapple. Just read the instructions in the recipe notes below!
Air fried pineapple serving suggestions
This recipe works as a breakfast, snack, side dish, and dessert! I love enjoying mine with ice cream as a healthy dessert, but you can serve air fryer pineapple in many ways.
Enjoy air fryer pineapple for breakfast on top of a yogurt granola bowl, oatmeal bowl, yogurt toast, or on its own.
As a side dish:
Serve with your favorite dinner! I love these cilantro lime chicken burgers, grilled turkey burgers, and buffalo chicken flatbreads.
Serve as a simple dessert with vanilla ice cream, yogurt, or whipped cream!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this recipe vegan?
Yes, air fryer pineapple is vegan.
Can I use canned pineapple?
You can use canned pineapple; however, the air fry time will decrease since canned pineapple is usually softer. Start with 8 – 12 minutes, check to see how they are cooking, and add more time if needed.
Can I use pre-cut pineapple?
Yes, you can also use grocery store pre-cut pineapple for this recipe. The air fry time will remain the same.
Can I enjoy it for breakfast?
I love enjoying air fryer pineapple for breakfast! Simply add it to your oatmeal bowl, yogurt bowl, on top of toast, or enjoy it on its own.
Can I bake them if I don’t have an air fryer?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake this maple-glazed pineapple at 400°F for 10 – 15 minutes.
How long is pineapple good for?
If stored correctly in an airtight container in the fridge, freshly cut pineapple is good for 5 – 7 days. You can tell if the pineapple has gone bad, if there is a weird smell or if mold appears.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Storing: Store leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheating: You can reheat in the oven or toaster oven at 350ºF for about 8 – 12 minutes, in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 – 7 minutes, or in the microwave for 1 minute.
If you loved this air fryer fruit recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Air Fryer Pineapple
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Add the pineapple pieces into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Add to the heated air fryer basket. Make sure they don’t overlap too much, or else they will not cook properly. A little overlap is ok.
- Air fry for 12 – 16 minutes, shaking halfway through. They should be golden, juicy, and tender on the inside.
- Remove from the air fryer and drizzle with an extra tablespoon of maple syrup.
- If serving for dessert, enjoy warm on their own, or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream! If serving for breakfast, serve with oatmeal of yogurt.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply