The best 3-ingredient rich and creamy espresso martini recipe made with Baileys Irish cream, vodka, and espresso. The perfect post-dinner cocktail! No Kahlua, simple syrup, or rum is needed.
Easy homemade Baileys espresso martini
Espresso martinis are all the rave these days, and I have to admit it’s worth the hype. If you love coffee, try this homemade Baileys espresso martini! It’s strong, rich, creamy, and made with vodka and Irish cream. There is no Kahlua, simple syrup, or rum in this recipe!
Espresso martinis are fancy but so easy to make in under 5 minutes. This recipe calls for just three simple ingredients and ice. They taste like dessert and make for the perfect post-dinner or Holiday cocktail. You’ll impress your friends and family with this recipe, trust me.
This espresso martini recipe differs from classic ones for two main reasons: (1) we use Baileys Irish Cream to make it super creamy and smooth, and (2) there is no Kahlua, simple syrup, or rum in this recipe.
Anyway, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts about this sweet and rich Baileys espresso martini. This is truly the best recipe, and everyone will love it!
Why you’ll love this cocktail recipe:
- Creamy & Smooth: This espresso martini is creamy, rich, and sweet.
- Irish Cream: It is made with Baileys original Irish cream.
- 3 Ingredients: This recipe has no rum, simple syrup, or Kahua.
- 5-Minute Recipe: Easy to make in under 5 minutes.
- Any Coffee Works: Use espresso or decaf coffee.
- Holiday Treat: Perfect for the Holidays and a delicious post-dinner nightcap cocktail.
- Sweet: It tastes like a dessert.
- Try this delicious skinny spicy margarita next!
You only need three simple ingredients (plus ice) to make this Baileys espresso martini recipe! Here is a list so you have all your ingredients prepared:
- Vodka: Use your favorite brand of vodka – it doesn’t need to be fancy or expensive!
- Baileys Irish Cream: For a rich and creamy flavor. I like Baileys’ original flavor, but you can use any brand of Irish cream you want.
- Espresso: Freshly brewed is best because it gives you the strongest coffee flavor. However, you can certainly use brew coffee or decaf, too.
- Ice: For shaking and chilling the espresso martini.
- Garnish: I love garnishing my espresso martini with three coffee beans. It makes this cocktail feel fancy and like you ordered it at a bar. Obviously, this is optional!
Kitchen tools needed
Here is a list of all the kitchen tools you’ll need to make this espresso martini recipe. Don’t worry, you probably have everything already! If you don’t, I offer many alternative kitchen utensils that work perfectly.
How to make a creamy Baileys espresso martini
Baileys espresso martinis are super easy to make in two simple steps. This recipe is single-serve, but you can double or triple it to make as many as you want! Here are step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference:
First, add the vodka, Baileys Irish cream, and espresso to a shaker filled with ice and vigorously shake until well-chilled and a foam layer is formed.
Then, strain it into a martini glass. You can chill the glass if desired. Finally, garnish with three coffee beans, and enjoy!
Expert recipe tips:
- Cold Brew or Freshly Brewed Espresso: You can use either cold brew coffee or freshly brewed espresso, depending on your preference. Cold brew can provide a smoother and less acidic flavor, while espresso will give a stronger kick.
- Selecting the Right Vodka: Since vodka is a key ingredient, choose a smooth and high-quality vodka. I like Tito’s.
- Strain: Don’t serve them with ice. Make sure you strain the cocktail.
- Serve Chilled: Espresso martinis are best enjoyed chilled. You can even chill the glass for an extra touch.
- Irish Cream: I prefer Baileys, but you can substitute it with another brand if needed.
- Decaffeinated: If you want to enjoy this delicious cocktail without caffeine, just use decaf coffee.
Is there caffeine in espresso martinis?
There is caffeine in espresso martinis since all recipes call for freshly brewed espresso. This recipe has 1 ounce of espresso, which equates to about 50 – 60 milligrams of caffeine. You can certainly use decaf if you want the flavor of coffee but don’t want caffeine.
What is Irish cream?
Irish cream is a rich and creamy liqueur. It is sweet and flavored with cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey. It’s decedent, smooth, and super delicious. This recipe calls for the Baileys brand, but you can use any Irish cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use brewed coffee and not espresso?
For the best coffee flavor, I recommend using espresso. However, you can certainly use brewed coffee instead. Don’t use instant coffee!
Can I use instant coffee?
No, do not use instant coffee in an espresso martini! The classic flavor will not be the same.
Is it sweet?
Yes, this Baileys espresso martini is sweet from the Irish cream. But don’t worry, there are no simple syrups in this recipe!
What if I don’t have a cocktail shaker?
No worries! You can use a sealable mason jar filled with ice or a water bottle.
How many calories are in an espresso martini?
The calories in an espresso martini depend on which ingredients you use – many range from 200 to 350 calories. There are 198 calories in this Baileys espresso martini recipe.
Can I use decaf coffee?
You can also use decaf coffee or espresso to enjoy this Baileys espresso martini without caffeine.
What is the best substitute for Baileys Original Irish cream?
You can use any type of Irish cream for this espresso martini recipe. If you want to use Baileys, try their espresso creme flavor. However, feel free to use one of these brands instead: Kerrygold, Coole Swan, Saint Brendan’s, or Five Farms.
Why is there no Kahlua in this recipe?
Kahula is commonly included in espresso martini recipes. It is a rum-based coffee liqueur. We replace Kahula with Irish cream in this recipe, which is whisky-based, much creamier, and smoother.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
- Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe
- Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
- Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- Ranch Water Recipe
- Mango Margaritas
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Baileys Espresso Martini
- 1 oz Vodka, any brand
- 1.5 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream, or any Irish cream
- 1 oz espresso, freshly brewed is my favorite
- ½ – 1 cups ice, for shaking only
- Garnish: 3 coffee beans
I only recommend products I love and use myself. In full disclosure, I may receive a small compensation for purchasing a product I recommend. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!