The best rich and creamy espresso martini recipe made with Baileys Irish cream, vodka, and espresso. The perfect post-dinner cocktail! No Kahlua, simple syrup or rum is needed.
Easy homemade Baileys espresso martini
If you love coffee, you need to try this homemade Baileys espresso martini! It’s strong, rich, creamy, and made with both vodka and Irish cream. There is no Kahlua, simple syrup, or rum in this recipe!
Espresso martinis are fancy but so easy to make in under 5 minutes. They taste like dessert and make for the perfect post-dinner or Holiday cocktail.
Anyways, I cannot wait to hear what you think about this sweet and rich Baileys espresso martini. This is truly the best recipe, and everyone will love it!
Why you’ll love this cocktail recipe
- This espresso martini is creamy, rich, and sweet.
- It is made with Baileys original Irish cream.
- No rum, simple syrup, or Kahua in this recipe.
- Easy to make in under 5 minutes.
- Use espresso or decaf coffee.
- Perfect for the Holidays.
- Delicious post-dinner nightcap cocktail.
- It tastes like a dessert.
- Try this delicious skinny spicy margarita next!
You only need 3 simple ingredients (plus ice) to make this Baileys espresso martini recipe! Here is a list so you have all your ingredients prepared:
- Vodka: Use your favorite brand of vodka – it doesn’t need to be fancy or expensive!
- Baileys Irish Cream: For a rich and creamy flavor. I like Baileys’ original flavor, but you can use any brand of Irish cream you want.
- Espresso: Freshly brewed is best because it gives you the strongest coffee flavor. However, you can certainly use brew coffee or decaf too.
- Ice: For shaking and chilling the espresso martini.
- Garnish: I love garnishing my espresso martini with three coffee beans. It makes this cocktail feel fancy and like you ordered it at a bar. Obviously, this is optional!
Kitchen tools needed
Here is a list of all the kitchen tools you’ll need to make this espresso martini recipe. Don’t worry, you probably have everything already! If you don’t, I offer many alternative kitchen utensils that work perfectly.
- Cocktail shaker or sealable jar
- Double jigger (shot glass)
- Strainer (if not using a cocktail shaker with one)
- Martini glass or cocktail glass
How to make a creamy Baileys espresso martini
Baileys espresso martinis are super easy to make in two simple steps. This recipe is single-serve, but you can certainly double or triple it to make as many are you want! Here are step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference:
First, add the vodka, Baileys Irish cream, and espresso to a shaker filled with ice and vigorously shake until well-chilled and a foam layer is formed.
Then, strain it into a martini glass. You can chill the glass if desired. Finally, garnish with 3 coffee beans, and enjoy!
Is there caffeine in espresso martinis?
There is caffeine in espresso martinis since all recipes call for freshly brewed espresso. This recipe has 1 ounce of espresso, which equates to about 50 – 60 milligrams of caffeine. You can certainly use decaf if you want the flavor of coffee but don’t want caffeine.
What is Irish cream?
Irish cream is a rich and creamy liqueur. It is sweet and flavored with cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey. It’s decedent, smooth, and super delicious. This recipe calls for the Baileys brand, but you can use any type of Irish cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use brewed coffee and not espresso?
For the best coffee flavor, I recommend using espresso. However, you can certainly use brewed coffee instead. Don’t use instant coffee!
Can I use instant coffee?
No, do not use instant coffee in an espresso martini! The classic flavor will not be the same.
Is it sweet?
Yes, this Baileys espresso martini is sweet from the Irish cream. But don’t worry, there are no simple syrups in this recipe!
What if I don’t have a cocktail shaker?
No worries! You can use a sealable mason jar filled with ice or a water bottle.
How many calories are in an espresso martini?
The calories in an espresso martini depend on which ingredients you use – many range from 200 to 350 calories. There are 198 calories in this Baileys espresso martini recipe.
Is it single-serve?
Yes, this recipe is single-serve. But you can make as many as you want if you are hosting a party.
Can I use decaf coffee?
You can also use decaf coffee or espresso if you want to enjoy this Baileys espresso martini without caffeine.
What is the best substitute for Baileys Original Irish cream?
You can use any type of Irish cream for this espresso martini recipe. If you want to use Baileys, try their espresso creme flavor. However, feel free to use one of these brands instead: Kerrygold, Coole Swan, Saint Brendan’s, or Five Farms.
Why is there no Kahula in this recipe?
Kahula is commonly included in espresso martini recipes. It is a rum-based coffee liqueur. We replace Kahula with Irish cream in this recipe which is whisky-based and much creamier and smoother.
If you loved this recipe, try these next!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Baileys Espresso Martini
- 1 oz Vodka, any brand
- 1.5 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream, or any Irish cream
- 1 oz espresso, freshly brewed is my favorite
- ½ – 1 cups ice, for shaking only
- Garnish: 3 coffee beans
- Add the vodka, Baileys Irish cream, and espresso to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and vigorously shake until well-chilled and a foam layer is formed. I used this to measure the ingredients.
- Strain into a martini glass. You can chill the glass if desired.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans. Enjoy!
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply