This is the best homemade cheesy gluten-free garlic bread recipe made with fresh garlic, herbs, parmesan cheese, and salted butter. A comforting and easy side dish ready in under 20 minutes!
The best gluten-free garlic bread recipe
Garlic bread is the best side dish! It is buttery, with crispy golden edges and a cheesy parmesan top. Unfortunately, most online recipes are not gluten-free, so that’s had to make this recipe for you guys. This gluten-free garlic bread is so delicious that you cannot tell it is gluten-free (trust me).
From start to finish, you will be in and out of the kitchen in under 20 minutes. Garlic bread is a super easy, nostalgic food everyone loves. So, trust me when I say everyone will be obsessed.
I love that this recipe only calls for 5 ingredients. You need a gluten-free baguette, butter, parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley.
This is seriously the best gluten-free garlic bread recipe! The inside of the bread is soft and buttery. The outside is crunchy and golden. Plus, the tops of the garlic bread have a delicious layer of crispy parmesan cheese.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This garlic bread is a 100% gluten-free recipe.
- It’s cheesy, buttery, and has the best garlic flavor.
- Ready in under 20 minutes.
- You can’t tell it is gluten-free!
- Perfect side dish or appetizer.
- Easily make it vegan and dairy free.
- This is the best homemade gluten-free garlic bread recipe.
- Picky eaters will love it!
- Try this air fryer garlic bread or cheesy scalloped sweet potatoes next!
Ingredients needed & substitutions
This is seriously the easiest and best gluten-free garlic bread recipe! You only need five simple ingredients. Here is a list of everything you need so you are prepared:
- Baguettes: Grab your favorite kind of gluten-free baguettes. I love Schar’s.
- Butter: Use salted butter softened to room temperature for best results. Add 1/2 tsp of salt to the bitter spread if you use unsalted butter.
- Garlic Cloves: Freshly minced garlic adds the best flavor to this gluten-free garlic bread recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese: For that classic Italian cheesy flavor.
- Parsley: Use fresh parsley and not dried. It adds the best herb and Italian flavor.
Kitchen tools required
Here is a list of kitchen utensils you will need to make this gluten-free garlic bread. Clean-up is so easy.
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- One Bowl
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Tools: 1/4 teaspoon and 1/2 cup.
How to make gluten-free garlic bread
This cheesy and buttery gluten-free garlic bread takes under 20 minutes to make. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures for visual reference so anyone level cook can make them. The full recipe and ingredient measurements are at the bottom of this page in the recipe card.
First, preheat your oven to 380°F. Cut your gluten-free baguettes in half lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic, parmesan, parsley, and black pepper.
Then, spread the garlic butter evenly on each side of the bread. Sprinkle the tops with extra parmesan if desired.
Finally, bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes. Then turn the broil setting on high and broil for 2 – 3 minutes, until the garlic butter is melted and the tops are golden.
Let the bread cool for a few minutes before cutting it into slices and enjoying it! You can garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
Expert tips for gluten-free garlic bread
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature. I recommend letting the butter sit at room temperature for an hour before making this gluten-free garlic bread. Room-temperature butter is easy to spread and mix with the other ingredients.
- Use any type of gluten-free French bread. I love using baguettes, but you can use ciabatta or a load of sourdough too.
- Broil the garlic bread. Turn the broil setting on high and broil for the last 2 – 3 minutes of cooking. This makes the garlic bread extra golden and crisp.
- Add more cheese. If you want this to be an extra cheesy garlic bread recipe, add 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella on top of each side of the buttered baguette.
- Make it dairy-free & vegan. You can make this garlic bread vegan and dairy-free by using dairy-free butter – I recommend Earth Balance sticks – and nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese.
What to serve with garlic bread:
Garlic bread is a fantastic side dish. Here are a handful of ideas on what to serve with this gluten-free garlic bread recipe:
- Balsamic Feta Stuffed Chicken
- Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Burgers
Fish & Seafood Recipes:
- Crispy Salmon with Pesto and Vegetables
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Grilled BBQ Shrimp
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best bread to use for gluten-free garlic bread?
Gluten-free baguettes are the best kind of bread to use for gluten-free garlic bread. I love this type. You can also use another French bread, like a sourdough loaf or ciabatta.
Can I make it dairy free and vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe dairy free. Simply substitute the butter with vegan butter and the parmesan with nutritional yeast.
Can I air fry it instead?
Yes! Check out this air fryer garlic bread recipe. Just remember to use gluten-free baguettes.
Can I make them ahead of time?
Garlic bread is best enjoyed warm straight out of the oven. There are two cooking methods if you want to prepare it beforehand. For best results, I reccomend buttering the bread, wrapping it in aluminum foil, and storing it in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you are ready to serve it, preheat your oven and follow the exact baking instructions in the recipe card below.
You can also prepare the garlic bread as directed below, then wrap it in foil and store it in the fridge for 3 days. When you are ready to enjoy it, reheat the bread in the oven at 300°F for 5 – 10 minutes.
What’s the best temperature to bake garlic bread?
For best results, bake garlic bread at 380°F. The fresh garlic will burn on top if the temperature is too high, and the bread will not crispen if the temperature is too low.
How long do I bake garlic bread at 380°F?
Garlic bread takes about 10 to 12 minutes to bake at 380°F.
Can you freeze garlic bread?
Yes, you can freeze cooked garlic bread. Let the garlic bread come to room temperature, then place them in a freezer-safe bag. You can freeze them for up to 3 months. Just pop them back in the air fryer on defrost mode or in the oven at 300°F for 8 – 11 minutes (or until warm).
Can you reheat garlic bread?
For best results, reheat garlic bread in the oven at 300°F or air fryer at 250°F for 5 – 8 minutes until it is warm. You can also reheat it in the microwave for 60 – 120 seconds, but this will yield softer (not as crispy) garlic bread.
Is garlic bread healthy?
The term healthy is all relative, but I consider this gluten-free garlic bread to be healthy. First, it is made with gluten-free bread. Second, we use two-thirds of the amount of butter called for in traditional recipes. Third, it has half the amount of cheese called for in other recipes. Fourth, it is made with five ingredients, with no preservatives or random ingredients.
How to store and reheat:
Storing: For best results, store leftovers in airtight containers at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Reheating: You can reheat garlic bread in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer. Set the oven, toaster oven, and air fryer to 300ºF and reheat the bread for 5 – 10 minutes until warm.
If you love this recipe, try these next!
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Gnocchi
- Smashed Fingerling Potatoes
- Gluten-Free Cornbread
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Gluten-Free Garlic Bread
- 2 gluten-free baguettes, I love Schar’s
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 – 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup freshly grated or shredded parmesan cheese, more if desired
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 380°F. Cut your gluten-free baguettes in half lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, minced garlic, parmesan, parsley, and black pepper.
- Spread the garlic butter evenly on each side of the bread. Sprinkle the tops with extra parmesan if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes. Then turn the broil setting on high and broil for 2 – 3 minutes, until the garlic butter is melted and the tops are golden.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes before cutting it into slices and enjoying it! You can garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!