Super easy & delicious healthy buffalo chicken caesar wraps. Ready in 15 minutes, this easy on-the-go lunch or dinner recipe is perfect for meal prep, fitness lovers, and families. They are loaded with chicken, avocado, buffalo sauce, caesar dressing, and lots of fresh veggies! Made gluten free, dairy free, paleo, high protein, and low fat.
Best ever healthy buffalo chicken caesar wraps
Buffalo chicken wraps are the best. They taste like buffalo wings, but aren’t messy! I mean its hard to argue that buffalo chicken wings aren’t your favorite game day appetizer.
But these wrap right here have a special ingredient which make then better than all other buffalo chicken recipes!! It’s CAESAR DRESSING. Yet, these buffalo chicken caesar wraps are about to be your new favorite dinner, lunch, and meal prep recipe.
These are light, protein packed, and veggie loving whole grain wraps are so easy to make. They have nourishing ingredients like avocado & celery hidden inside too! The best part is that everyone in your family will love these. Trust me…. even your kids! As an athlete, I love enjoying one of these wraps as my post workout meal. Seriously drool worthy.
Ingredients in healthy buffalo chicken wraps
You’ll only need a few, simple ingredients to get this easy under 30 minute dinner recipe going! I am all about simplicity and ease, so don’t worry, you won’t need to go to the supermarket and buy a lot of expensive ingredients and spices. Kind of crazy how flavorful this recipe is!
- Chicken breasts: the perfect source of lean protein!
- Garlic powder
- Salt & black pepper
- Olive oil
- Buffalo sauce (I love New Primal Medium Buffalo Sauce)
- Tortillas: you can use any type of tortilla! I used whole wheat, but easily swap out for flour or paleo brand,
- Romaine lettuce: packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Carrots: full of vitamin A and adds the perfect crunch!
- Avocado: rich in nutrients and healthy fats!
- Caesar dressing: Use any caesar dressing you want! You can use a yogurt based one, a vegan one, or even a dairy free one! (I love Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressing Creamy Caesar)
Is buffalo chicken healthy?
Not every buffalo chicken recipe is “healthy.” That is why I am here to help! This easy buffalo chicken recipe is only made with 2 ingredients: chicken breasts and low sugar buffalo sauce.
These wraps are packed with 32 grams of lean protein per wrap, lots of fiber, and will keep you full for hours. So, yes this buffalo chicken recipe is definitely healthy!
How to make this chicken caesar wrap even healthier
Want to up your wrap game? Try these add ins to personalize your buff chicken caesar wraps and make them even more nutritious:
- Add a handful of spinach to get lots of vitamin A!
- Add in some chopped red onion which is loaded with healthy antioxidants!
- Use a whole wheat wrap for extra fiber.
- Dont’s have a wrap? No worries! Turn this recipe into a salad by adding more romaine and ditched the wrap.
- Is this wrap paleo? It certainly is! Make sure to use a grain free tortilla & dairy free caesar dressing.
- Is this recipe gluten-free? If you use a gluten-free tortilla (or no tortilla), then this recipe is gluten-free!
How to make buffalo chicken caesar wraps
This easy lunch and dinner recipe is incredible! The buffalo wraps are light, nutritious, and delicious. Plus, this recipe only calls for a handful of ingredients and three kitchen utensils, making cleaning really easy.
First. let’s prepare the chicken by seasoning is and cooking it on the stove top.
Next, once the chicken is no longer pink in the inside, remove the bite sized chicken pieces from the heat and place into a clean mixing bowl. Add lots of spicy buffalo sauce and toss to coat the chicken well.
Now, let’s build the buffalo chicken caesar wraps! To do this, lay out your wraps or tortillas on a clean flat surface and divide chicken evenly into each. Top the chicken with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrot, celery, and avocado. Then, drizzle Ceasar dressing + extra buffalo sauce from the bowl on top of each wrap.
Finally, fold into a burrito shape by wrapping the sides toward the middle and rolling up tightly.
Cut your delicious & healthy buffalo chicken caesar wrap in half and enjoy!
Healthy meal prep lunch
Buffalo chicken caesar wraps are an awesome lunch option! This recipe yields four healthy buffalo chicken wraps. So, if you are cooking for yourself, make the whole recipe and save the rest for the week ahead!
Personally, I love to prep the buffalo chicken and veggies on Sunday night. Then I grab everything I need when I’m hungry and BAM a 5 minute lunch!
Storing buffalo chicken:
Whether you are meal prepping or just saving extra leftovers, be sure to store all of the parts of this recipe separately in the refrigerator. No one likes a soggy tortilla wrap!
When should I prepare my wrap? I recommend preparing your delicious buffalo chicken caesar wrap the morning of or night before you want to eat one!
Can you freeze buffalo chicken caesar wraps? I don’t recommend freezing these buffalo chicken wraps.
Looking for other delicious meal prep recipes? Check these out!
Need some more tasty and healthy dinner, lunch, or meal prep ideas? Here are some of my favorite Healthful Blondie dinner recipes to try out….
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment and rate it down below. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthfulblondie on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthfulblondie so I can see your delicious creation and share it with my followers!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 1 lb chicken breasts, around 3 breasts, skinless & cubed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, I love New Primal Medium Buffalo Sauce
- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup sliced celery, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 6 Tbsp Caesar dressing, I love Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Dressing Creamy Caesar
- Optional fillings: shredded cheddar cheese, red onion, blue cheese
- Pat chicken cubes dry with a paper towel and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes, space them out, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove chicken from heat and place into a clean mixing bowl. Add in buffalo sauce and toss to coat well.
- Lay wraps or tortillas on a clean flat surface and divide chicken evenly into each.
- Top the chicken with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded carrot, celery, and avocado.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp of Ceasar dressing on top of each wrap + extra buffalo sauce from the bowl.
- Fold into a burrito shape by wrapping the sides toward the middle and rolling up tightly.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Recipe by Tati Chermayeff (Healthful Blondie) + Photos by The Travel Palate
I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. In full disclosure, by purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Everything counts to keep my dream afloat; thank you for supporting Healthful Blondie!
Sharing is caring!
Leave a Reply